Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump 2017

Poster: A snowHead
@Norrin Radd, wahey!! Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, i enjoyed another show.

The skeleton does look quite scary. I think they'll all quite brave for doing it actually. At nearly 100 km/h with just a few cm's from your face to the ice Shocked that's gotta be quite some experience. respect...

Not sure if that was a pre-release on Fowler's right foot. Sure, it landed slightly heavier but still...

Didn't recognise anyone from 'rent a crowd' this week...

Roll on next week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whilst I understand why Wiggo was still there as the skeleton was pre-recorded are the "live nights" also pre-recorded?

If so I can't help but feel it's a little unfair that he knocked someone out even though they know he's out!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Overall I quite enjoyed it. The Josie rapping bit was cringe worthy though, with our kids absolutely horrified. I wasn't sure about Wiggins before the show, but he isn't exactly covering himself in glory with all that whining. The lady with MS is an inspiration and the banter is very healthy. I loved the fact that in her words she "used the disability card" and was promptly slapped down for it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tim Heeney, the skeleton is interesting to see how different people react to the adrenaline. On one hand you've got people like Kadeena Cox who thrive on it, on the other you've got people like Caprice or Lydia Bright who are absolutely terrified by it. The irony is that a lot of those that are scared will be too petrified to concentrate on doing it properly, which means that they're out of control and it's far scarier. Although in all of the fuss and bluster from some of ten it was only really Gareth Thomas who I thought had the real fear, he's obviously got pretty bad claustrophobia.

I'd love to give it a go though, skidding on your face at nearly 60mph has got to be a hell of a buzz.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I'd love to give it a go though, skidding on your face at nearly 60mph has got to be a hell of a buzz

You can...
https://mobile.twitter.com/AmyWilliamsMBE/status/833414649248874496
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ansta1, hmm, interesting...
Thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I remember ( i think in 'Strictly' 2012 ) Lewis Smith admitted that doing a back flip was a bit of a 'twit' thing to do...obviously, in 2017 he'd changed his mind. Yes, i'm jealous but besides that, the guys sure has got some talent - gotta be the favorite for the title.

Shame for Jade - I like the girl and she called it right - all the girls were still standing at race end.

Seems 'The Jump' is losing audience all over...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jade's plant pot kick is pretty impressive. Seems that they are all enjoying the apres scene!

Some fair old crashes tonight, good to see everyone get up relatively unscathed. I have to say I was pretty impressed with their jumping in the ski cross.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ansta1 wrote:
Quote:

I'd love to give it a go though, skidding on your face at nearly 60mph has got to be a hell of a buzz

You can...
https://mobile.twitter.com/AmyWilliamsMBE/status/833414649248874496

I assume they're using the bobsled track at Igls/Patscherköfel?

If so: https://www.innsbruck.info/en/facilities/details/infrastruktur/olympic-bobsleigh-and-luge-track-igls-igls.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pretty good tonight as they stuck to skiing and looks same next week with GS.
The first ski-cross was very good , no messing and lucky no injuries Smile More of that please
The actual jump is a bit dull , be intense for the "celebs" but doesnt come across well on the TV , they sort of limp off the end of it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@hawkwind,
Quote:

The actual jump is a bit dull , be intense for the "celebs" but doesnt come across well on the TV , they sort of limp off the end of it.

Yes, agree. but from side on view which they sometimes show, it looks more dramatic. I've constantly been thinking, why don't they crouch lower in the tuck and really JUMP higher at the ramp end, angle their chest forward to catch the air, arms to their side, ski tips up, legs slightly splayed apart etc. then i've realised, i'm really a big dreamer and it clearly ain't that easy, also, they've got about 0.5 / 0.8 secs in the air and not 3+ seconds the 90m hill guys have!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Tim Heeney, I always wonder why they don't give it more pop when they jump, guess it must be more scary than it looks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mrs Chocks senior rang me last night, one of the celebs is local to the homeland. Frankly, watching emulsion dry would have been more fun.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@chocksaway, I quite enjoy some of it, but it's definitely the kind of show that you do something else while it's on. I'd certainly be bored if I watched it without having the internet in front of me!
snow conditions
Yay, no more having to look at Wiggo's petulant face. I'm not happy he's injured obviously, but I'm glad he's gone, as he always seemed to be whingeing. Kadeena is coming across very well and is giving it her all. In fact, they're all doing things I never would. There have been a choice of jumps in the past and it was quite dramatic seeing who would go for the massive (to me anyway) one, so this new set up is a bit boring. As before though, it's something that scares to .... out of me so credit to them. Anyone know what happened to Caprice?
ski holidays
bambionskiis wrote:
Anyone know what happened to Caprice?

Broke a fingernail I guess
latest report
@bambionskiis, I agree about the choice of jumps, I wonder if it's because of the practice accident Tina Hobley had last year where she hit someone in the landing area who shouldn't of been there. So to ensure safety there can be no confusion about which jump is being used.
ski holidays
How rude is Wiggo? When asked how he feels to be out......"Its not exactly the Olympics is it..... its the Jump". No doubt he'll be happy with his payment though....odd.
ski holidays
Quote:

How rude is Wiggo? When asked how he feels to be out......"Its not exactly the Olympics is it..... its the Jump". No doubt he'll be happy with his payment though....odd.

I thought it was spot on comment. He was correct.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, didn't think that was rude, thought it was refreshing. Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.

Found the rest of the interview a bit enlightening. Clearly tongue was firmly in cheek when he said that he had the time of his life and liked everyone. I get the feeling that he was annoyed not to be as good as he thought but also didn't actually like any of the other contestants. TBH if I had to put up with Davina, Caprice, Emma Parker Bowles and Gareth Thomas for a few weeks then I'd probably be a bit narky too!
ski holidays
Think he just doesn't enjoy the same bits everyone on here complains about.
latest report
I thoroughly enjoyed the ski cross racing, but there's just not enough of it with too much filler in between. They need do heats or something so that you're watching a race every few minutes. To have a ratio of 30 seconds racing to 10mins chatting is hard viewing.
latest report
It's a shame that they don't make more of the training. Having some short segments about aspects that they teach in more detail, for example exactly how to and not to take a woo tang. Demos by the trainers etc could make those segments a lot more interesting.
ski holidays
Does Davina actually ski? I get the feeling from the questions she asks and way that she presents that she doesn't actually spend much time on the slopes herself.
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:

We wondered if it isn't that he's actually massively uncomfortable being in a reality show and isn't media savvy!

That and having his ass whooped by non sportsmen, I imagine that really hurts!
ski holidays
Did anyone else watch the whole plant pot kicking thing and think..."that's really impressive but that plant pot was full...and their inside!! thats going to make one hell of a mess"

hope they offered to clean it up and didn't leave it to the hotel staff.
snow report
@enduroaid, yep, exactly what I thought.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We record it on the Humax, then watch it later on in the evening. So much better to be able to FF through the inane chat and adverts and just watch the action.
ski holidays
bernie wrote:
We record it on the Humax, then watch it later on in the evening. So much better to be able to FF through the inane chat and adverts and just watch the action.

Same here. Couldn't stand the thought of wading through Davina's mindless drivel.
snow conditions
Wiggins previously said skiing was "a big passion" and "I see this as a sporting challenge and want to go out there and win it."

In the skiing events my Gran could probably have beat him and she's been dead for a decade. He was a rubbish skier and a poor loser. It's a shame - when I saw he was a contestant I wanted him to win. I always liked him before but he came across as a right tit on this.
ski holidays
@swiftoid, +1
ski holidays
swiftoid wrote:
Wiggins previously said skiing was "a big passion" and "I see this as a sporting challenge and want to go out there and win it."

In the skiing events my Gran could probably have beat him and she's been dead for a decade. He was a rubbish skier and a poor loser. It's a shame - when I saw he was a contestant I wanted him to win. I always liked him before but he came across as a right tit on this.

+1
latest report
I'd like to give Wiggo the benefit of the doubt, being that he's extremely shy, which can come across badly. Have been tempted not to though.
ski holidays
I thought he came across as a tit, right up to his last interview. During that I realised that actually he'd just spent a long period of time with a large number of people that seem like bellends. We all moan about watching Davina for 90 minutes a week, can you imagine how horrific it must be spending the whole evening with her?!! Likewise Caprice, not sure I could manage a week in her company without being rude to her...same goes for Gareth Thomas who has shocking 'banter' and is a space invader. Got to be honest, I completely got where he was coming from.....he is a terrible loser though, can't understand that but then I guess that's why I'm not a very successful olympian and TdF winner...that and the fact that I don't have a ready supply of PEDs.
ski holidays
@SnoodlesMcFlude, I'd wager many of us have to spend years, if not decades, working with people we consider bellends. I expect he was earning a shed load more for putting up with it than most of us do but most of us have a level of professionalism that stops us acting like tossers. If he didn't realise how annoying Davina and some of his fellow competitors could be then he's guilty of not doing his homework. However my guess is that if he wasn't such a bloody awful skier and had actually had a chance of winning none of that would have mattered. He expected to be the best, was found lacking and couldn't deal with it.

No idea what he was planning to do next but if he was hoping to follow in, for example, Chris Hoy's footsteps and become a pundit/commentator I doubt this miserable performance will have done him any favours. Fantastic Olympian. Crap personality.
ski holidays
@swiftoid, Chris Hoy used to be quite hard work. Hopefully Wiggins will mellow too.
snow conditions
I must see it differently, think Wiggo is one of the few sports peeps to have some sort of personality. Yep he's odd, any one that has ever ridden time trials anywhere near his level will know that's almost essential! He's marmite that's for sure. Yep he could have skied better, yep I can't stand Davina, but it's got us talking and probably gets the ratings up, which in TV land is all it's about. You don't get much chance to chat to folks when out of 5 - 6 hour training rides in the winter, and when trying hard you aren't capable of chatting.

I think he'd make a great commentator about cycling, cos that's what he does, his knowledge is immense, especially re cycling history etc.
snow conditions
I really like Wiggins. He has a real problem with shyness, which coupled with British mannerisms and a weird experience on The Jump, probably doesn't do him any favours.
ski holidays
@Waffle, @endoman, I hope you're both right. I did always like him before.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy