Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am taking my boys for a couple of days skiing in davos in half term (not staying long as leaving my toddler behind) could anyone recommend good areas that are quite easy? We are not beginners (as you can see from all my questions on this forum!) but I'm much happier on an easy blue or even a green! We're not there for long and don't mind doing the same runs over again.
We are staying at the intercontinental but I think they have a shuttle to the main lifts. I wouldn't mind travelling out a bit further if klosters for instance is more suitable.
Also if anyone knows of any lockers in town as we could then leave our bags there on the last day and get the train straight back to the airport instead of wasting time going back to hotel ...
Thanks a lot
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some of the smaller areas may be best, Pischa, Rinerhorn and Madrisa. Problem is they are mainly T bars. Pischa is the nearest to your hotel. Also, they haven't had much snow so far so would depend on the conditions when you go.

Otherwise I would go to Jakobshorn which has a range of blue and red runs plus chairlifts.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just to add, not sure about lockers but the Jakobshorn area is right next to Davos Platz train station.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munchimo,
With Swiss rail you always used to be able to send luggage on in advance from the station to the airport.

The main Parsenn actually has some very pleasant gentle skiing but it maybe a bit more crowded than other areas.
Persoanlly I think the Rinerhorn has excellent skiing and some very gentle it is as pointed out above though a bit reliant on T Bars, pity the old Strela area is no longer on the go that had some lovely gentle skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into them. We don't mind t-bars, so sounds good.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Davos Platz station has lockers and a manned luggage office, Davos Dorf just has lockers.

For easy skiing, I'd vote again for Parsenn - the pistes off Gruobenalp and Meierhoftäli chairlifts are nice and gentle.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Head to Klosters and Madrisa.

Nicer area and less busy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Meierhoftäli is my favourite run for really getting a carving edge and letting rip. It doesn't appear to have been open yet this season though and had hardly any snow at Xmas this year Crying or Very sad

Gruobenalp is an easy area but the snow here is often poor/icy as it is south facing.

If you are staying at the Intercontinental there is absolutely not point in going to Klosters to access the Parsenn area via the cable car as it would be much easier to go straight up the Parsenn funicular to get to Gruobenalp. Only reason to go to Klosters is to access Madrisa - which would be worth a trip in my opinion (snow cover permitting)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ooh, I really hate icy so I might avoid that!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy