Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

capita DOA 2017.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ok, i currently have a salomon villain 153, it was my first board, and since them my boarding has come one alot,

i took the villain to france last year and did well on it. my board isnt in good shape since using it indoors in the dome so thought i would buy a new one.

the capita DOA has my eye, similar profile, freestyle orientated, just abit stiffer.

first question is does anyone have experience of using this board and second would it be a good natural progression? its likly to be stiffer than my current board.

last but not least, size? i ride a 153 now, im 12.5 stone and 5'7 tall.

thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I spent a few days last season on the DOA and liked it. Its going to be slightly stiffer than the villain, but not too much. Its still fairly easy to press and butter around on.

its a fairly similar board to the villain though so if you like that it should be an easy transition.

probably go up to the 154 than down to the 152 though, although again, it wont make a massive difference either way.

I was actually thinking about getting one for this season, although the slash spectrum has caught my eye so you could consider that as well, both similar boards.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was seriously considering a DOA (and Yes Greats) when I got my Lago Double Barrel. Looks like a very nice board. I tried a Villain and it's just to soft for what I wanted. The Assassin was closer but this year Salomon brought out the Huck Knife which looks like it would have been perfect. When you say progression in what direction do you see your riding going? All the above are mid flexing twins - not ideal for hard charging or powder but great for switch and freestyle.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If Capita changed those graphics it would possibly be the best selling board out there.

The graphics are just wrong.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was about to say "get over it" when I actually looked and I see what you mean. Aimed fairly and squarely at the 13yo male / US presidential market.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I hate to admit it but this year's graphic is pretty off putting. Last year's was better, still wrong but much better. Salomon did a similar thing with the Man's Board. One year understated beer theme, next year Taylor Swift's heavy metal space boobs.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 24-11-16 17:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Double post...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Capita are losing out.

Ive not had the privilege of riding a DOA but ive never heard anyone say a bad word about it and it's priced well also.

DO they make anything similar with different graphics?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dave_wick wrote:
Capita are losing out.

Ive not had the privilege of riding a DOA but ive never heard anyone say a bad word about it and it's priced well also.

DO they make anything similar with different graphics?

The Mercury is similar and has a grown up graphic. It's probably actually a better choice for the OP.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maybe of relevance to the OP:
http://thereasonmag.com/the-last-capita-of-the-season/
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For all of you who have tried the DOA: Is it catch-free or does it feel like you might catch an edge when straight lining? Is it a carving board or mainly freestyle?

Many Thanks, Reza
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
its as catch free as any camber profile board I guess, no more than any others. its aimed at park riding, but its stiff enough to carve around on as long as you don't get one that too short.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sage Kotsenburg liked it for carving:

http://youtube.com/v/SdDaI1dazsg
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
philwig wrote:
I was about to say "get over it" when I actually looked and I see what you mean. Aimed fairly and squarely at the 13yo male / US presidential market.

I went through exactly the same thought process.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy