Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel...where for beer without 2nd mortgage?>>>

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a few quick tips please!

Going to Courchevel next Saturday, staying in 1650, and been hearing horror stories about the prices - are all the bars n restaurants subject to Beckham-Tax, where are the cheapish (well, for French Alps anyway) and chearful places?....are there any?!

Also, where should we head for the best stiff reds/blacks?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1650 is cheaper than 1850, so I wouldn't worry too much pricewise.

As far as reds/blacks are concerned I would suggest that Combe de Saulire is an entertaining red and Suisse is a black worth doing. For a serious black, try the Grand Couloir - generally reckoned to be the hardest piste in the 3Vs.

For an on-mountain lunch, avoid the Chalet des Pierres under the Verdons gondola - the prices there are outrageous (roast chicken = €105!). However, for a cheap sandwich, pop round to the hole in the wall in the same building - you'll get a sandwich and a soft drink for about €8.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Ours Blanc in 1650 has cheap tasty lunch, and the Bubble Bar isn't hideously expensive (though it can be hideously loud).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most, maybe all, of the bars in 1650 seem to be ordinary prices. There's one on the right if you turn right at the bottom of the stairs down from the lift ticket office which was OK, nothing special, but it had a darkish beer (not Pelforth Brun or anything horrid like that) on tap which made a pleasant change. There's a crepe place near that bar which is basic, cheapish and OK (if you like crepes).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chippy, there's a good mountain restaurant in 1650 (think it's called the Bel Air) which is not as expensive as those in 1850, but it gets very busy; best to arrive early or late.
The restaurants and bars in town are not too expensive at all compared to higher up.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never stayed in C1650 so can't comment on the cheapest bars, but when it comes to hard runs (apart from the runs Alastair has mentioned) make sure you do the blacks down to C1300 aka Le Praz: Jockeys & Jean Blanc. Usually not too busy and great fun.

Any black run in the 3V is worthy of the status really. It is not as if it is a small ski area that has to overgrade its runs to entice experts to visit. Get a piste map, seek and ye shall find!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh yeah the area above La Tania generally has the cheapest mountain eateries for lunch. If you go down to LT itself they do a cracking burger & chips at Pub Le Ski Lodge.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our chalet hotel in 1650 was not too expensive. It was called La Floride and is on the side of the nursery slope called "Mickey". A beer was 5 euros. Not as cheap as Austria, but also not 15 euros as was the price in 1850!
Good restaurant as well. Bel Air was not too dear either.
In the evenings, L'etterlou was not too expensive and the food was good. A "push the boat out " meal there with champagne 3 courses, wine and liquers came to 110 euros for 2. The apple sorbet with calvados was superb.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As already said you shouldn't find it too bad in 1650 - Bubble Bar is where we went most of the time last year was alos a pub/club whose name escapes me.
Cheapest beers in Courchevel is in 1550 at 'The Bar' you'd need to get a bus back from there to 16 though, but might be worth remembering for end of day beers. They also do toasties and vodka shots.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There was a spit and sawdust bar/pub in 1650 whose name escapes me where all the locals seemed to go. It was on the opposite side of the road from the main shops. No doubt someone else here can remember the name. The drinks seemed a lot cheaper there.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tessaventer, Rocky's
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, I knew someone would put me right.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok, good stuff...thanks guys
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy