Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guide for Sainte Foy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Sainte Foy with the family in a couple of weeks and was hoping to get a days off piste in - wondered if anyone had any particular recommendations for guides? It will probably be me and a friend but equally happy to join a group if it works out that way.

Thanks - James
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi James

Evolution 2 did a great job for me and a couple of other chaps last year. They were very flexible in terms of arranging morning and afternoon off piste sessions to fit in with child care etc.. And we did manage a whole day over the top & down into le miroir.
Our guide took video and uploaded an edited version to the website that evening. Colin was the chap arranging things.
Enjoy!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want a mountain guide rather than a ski instructor contact , Tarentaise Tours which is also the official Guides office for Ste Foy .

I have skied off piste , ski touring expeditions , heliskied with them for the last 15 years , they are excellent .
They can also take you on trips to many of the other local areas , them always have a nose for the best conditions .

http://www.tarentaise-tours.com/welcome

Or the link from the tourist office website

http://www.saintefoy-tarentaise.com/english/winter/ski/ski-instruction-and-mountain-guides/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want a mountain guide rather than a ski instructor contact , Tarentaise Tours which is also the official Guides office for Ste Foy .

I have skied off piste , ski touring expeditions , heliskied with them for the last 15 years , they are excellent .
They can also take you on trips to many of the other local areas , them always have a nose for the best conditions .

http://www.tarentaise-tours.com/welcome

Or the link from the tourist office website

http://www.saintefoy-tarentaise.com/english/winter/ski/ski-instruction-and-mountain-guides/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whereas if you want an instructor rather than a mountain guide, I can recommend Dmitri Mauz at Snocool in Ste Foy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi James

what dates are you out there? I'm arriving on the 28th Jan for a week and am also hoping to do some off piste. I've been recommended Snocool but it doesn't look like they offer any group options which makes it quite expensive. If our dates do coincide, maybe we could split the cost, if not does anyone know of any cheaper options? I was also planning to book nearer the date and according to the conditions.

I've done a couple of weeks in St Foy before and know some of the slack country options but would like to go a bit further this time if conditions are suitable. I am a darksider by the way wink

Lemond, I checked Evolution 2 but their St Foy domain appears to be suspended.

Cheers

Chris
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@felstead, if you are looking at instructor led off piste guiding have a look at a British run ski school called Apex Snowsports. See www.apexsnowsports.com
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all - thanks for the excellent suggestions. Looks like plenty of great options which is good news.

Chris - unfortunately we are there the week before you otherwise I'd be happy to join up - sorry about that.

Lemond - how did you find the route down to Le Miroir? Did you drop in off le Fogliettaz? That looks pretty challenging and might possible be a bit beyond my skills nut the bit I saw was dropping straight back onto the runs and I'm guessing the route to Le Miroir drops off in the other direction? Would welcome your view.

Thanks again for the suggestions - I'll check them all out.

James
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Chris - unfortunately we are there the week before you otherwise I'd be happy to join up - sorry about that.

No worries. Finger's crossed for some decent snow! Let me know if you find anything interesting guide wise.

Chris
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@felstead, we walked up from the Marquise lift to the Col de Granier and in there.

If you traverse to the left of the Marquise (as you ride up it) there is a big area where they are planning a new piste where you can drop back onto the piste. That was a favourite area for lots of people looking for bits of unguided off piste. One day last year we waited 30mins near the front of the queue for the lift to open and as people offloaded ahead of us and hit the untracked field you could hear all the whooping and hollering and see all the tracks. Like a human firework display! It was great to see, hear and then join in.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Maireadoconnor wrote:
Whereas if you want an instructor rather than a mountain guide, I can recommend Dmitri Mauz at Snocool in Ste Foy.

Dmitri is a great instructor and has great local knowledge, so will be good for anything except glacier travel. A very fast and powerful skier, though - sometimes he went so fast, it was difficult to ski the pitch "like he did".

Another really strong suggestion - more of a quiet "mountain man" - is Severin Marchand. He's IFMGA (so can take you on glaciers) and lives in St Foy. Book him through the Val d'Isere guides office.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maireadoconnor wrote:

Dmitri is a great instructor and has great local knowledge, so will be good for anything except glacier travel. A very fast and powerful skier, though - sometimes he went so fast, it was difficult to ski the pitch "like he did".

Another really strong suggestion - more of a quiet "mountain man" - is Severin Marchand. He's IFMGA (so can take you on glaciers) and lives in St Foy. Book him through the Val d'Isere guides office.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Patrick bidwell who also works for snocool.

There is a great video on the Facebook page.... friends of ste foy.... of Dimitri on col grenier yesterday!!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey James, you should get in touch with Romaric, great local mountain guide --> https://www.explore-share.com/trip/sainte-foy-guided-freeride-skiing/ Many amazing ski spots there and if conditions are not good in Sainte Foy, you have plenty of options around : Tignes, Les Arcs, La Rosière... Have fun !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy