Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pisted runs Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if it's possible to see the pisting schedule for Zell? I thought I'd once seen a website which said which runs they were pisting and when, but now I can't find it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Open pistes is on the website, if you follow- activities - ski and board - lifts and slopes, in the menus. Pretty much 100% open now..

Or did you mean timing of the actual piste bashing?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I meant actual piste bashing. We skied down the new run to Vienofen today and found it pretty icy and lumpy - no sign of it having been pisted recently. Just wondered if there was somewhere you could look to see which ones are scheduled to be done and when, but I suspect I'm asking too much!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LizAtk Have emailed the guys who run the lift! You never know we may get a reply. Will keep you posted...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, thank you!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I was there last year, in half term, everything seemed to be bashed every night, I certainly don't recall skiing something in the morning and thinking it hadn't been done. That run used to be an un-pisted ski route, but the website is saying it's a proper piste this year, now they have the new gondola back up. Maybe no one told the piste basher driver?

Keep us posted, we're back there in a few weeks.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been there lots of times and i've always understood that the whole resort is pisted every night. Not quite sure about that new run though. It was showing as shut a few days ago, even after the snowfall, something odd there?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, that's why we thought it was odd yesterday, although we were there fairly late in the morning. Have you not skied the new run, then? It's fabulously long and was pretty quiet. However, in places it is quite steep, and combined with the ice and lumps, my other half was surprised it wasn't a black. The black (no. 9?) we skied afterwards was much easier. But if the new one was a bit softer, it would be a fabulous long run.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So I just got a reply from Schmitten info centre. I love Austrians so damn efficient and courteous! No detailed piste bashing schedule as regular piste's are done every night as @robboj and @t44tomo have said...

"Dear...

thank you for your e-mail. In the past weeks, the new slope of the zellamseeXpress wasn’t open regularly, because of very little snow. But in the past week we got new snow like 50 cm. Now the slope of the zellamseeXpress the „Tannwaldabfahrt“
is officially open and it’s in great shape. Sometimes it’s a little bit small, so you have to be careful, but it’s a normal red run, so there should be no problem. It’s will be groomed every day, so normally there are perfect conditions.

We wish you lots of fun on your first turn at the new slope of the zellamseeXpress!

Best regards
Alexander Fazokas
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Brilliant, thank you! Might give it another go early one day, then. God, fabulous conditions up there today, and so quiet.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No worries! Hope it's enjoyable if you do have another go! I'm so jealous of anyone over there right now - it looks amazing. And as you say quiet! Hope it will stay cold and quiet (!) and we get more snow for when I arrive 28th... Have a good one Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you! Now that we know the Viehofen run is pisted, we'll def. try it tomorrow. Snowing later this week - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it carries on coming down for the rest of the month!
! Little Angel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back at the end of December I posted comments and some photos of the new piste that might be of interest: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2982079&highlight=zellamseexpress#2982079
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@frankEvb, I'm heading to Zell on the 28th as well. ThomsonFly charter from Glasgow, staying at Alpenparks. What about you?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@robboj Ha! I'm on a Thompson package flight - same day, same airport, staying at a hotel in Zell. Laughing I'm far too excited already especially since it seems it can't stop snowing there at the mo! snowHead
ski holidays
@espri, just want to say I really enjoy your photo's and accounts of your (e-ski-pades rolling eyes) They keep those of us not so fortunate as you going till we get our fix! Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
@frankEvb, happy to be your dope Laughing
snow conditions
@espri, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy