Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cant Adjustment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My Nordica boots have a Cant adjustment on them, which has been set on the middle setting forever. I'm bow legged and heavier on my right foot, and on the inside of that foot. My right foot is my dominant foot and I regularly think that my left ski is under less control - if I am skiing in a straight line my left leg sometimes catches an edge.

So should I think about adjusting my Cant????
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Suggest consult an experienced boot fitter. Based on what you describe, might be your best investment ever!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I bought my boots the boot fitter did look at my feet and gait and expressed surprise that I could ski at all.......
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went and had all sorts of canting and alignment fettling done to my new boots by CEM earlier this year and I immediately noticed the difference it made to my skiing. Loads more precision and control now that I'm *really* well balanced. I wouldn't faff with canting on my own tho; I'd only get a serious bootfitter to do it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go to a bootfitter, moving the cuff won't really fix an alignment issue.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bear in mind that the 'canting' adjustment on boots (it's not really canting) is there to accommodate rather than correct your stance. If you do have alignment problems you can make adjustments around the boot/binding/ski interface which should allow the ski to run flatter and truer, but that's something best left for a boot fitter who has experience of that as it tends to beyond normal boot fitting work. CEM might be able to recommend somebody near to home for you - is Alain Baxter in your neck of the woods?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"Indeed, the better the instructor the more certain it is that they are among the fortunate few who have never suffered serious misalignment in their boots. Never having had to adapt to a misaligned boot by adopting an awkward stance, they will very likely view other people’s stance peculiarities as stemming from poor technique. They are wrong to hold this view but it is natural that they do."

Here's a very interesting link about ski boot alignment -

http://www.skibootalignment.com/page8.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Matt1959 wrote:
When I bought my boots the boot fitter did look at my feet and gait and expressed surprise that I could ski at all.......

and then he did what to correct or deal with the obvious problem?
If nothing.... blimey.

Also, if you see a good bootfiiter like CEM and sort the problem, i'm sure they'll also check forward/back lean - my Hawx boots have a forwrd lean adjustment thingy on the rear and for me, even the 2 degree adjustment more upright made skiing noticeably better balanced ( unfortunately different ski bindings will have their own different ramp angle, delta or whatever they call it... so i suppose you'd want to set it up in your own skis or preferred binding?)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy