Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time ski trip with school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi my 13 yr old DS is off to Canada next month with school for his first ever ski trip. We've got him a coat and trousers from SportsDirect, gloves from Cosco but we've been told it's handy to have a couple of pairs of glove liners too.

So basically looking for advice on liners that won't break the budget that will help.

Also socks? Do we get ski socks or will thermal socks do the same job.

Any advice will be gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@foxie_68, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
On a budget, look at Decathlon for Ski Socks and Glove Liners.....silk works quite well. Canada can be very cold, so make sure the gloves are fairly decent.

Look at Base Layers (running tops) and Fleeces, both by Karrimor, in Sports Direct.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
check aldi/lidl for ski gear

https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/dates/thursday-12th-january/c/2017-01-12/?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ASkiwear&lowerBound=1&upperBound=35&text=
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Foxie Wellcome to snow heads

Lucky Lad !!!

It will be very cold in January youngsters usualy take no advice from their elders so get some "hand warmers" and stick them in his pocket ... there is another thread active at the moment on the subject.

The best socks IMHO and cheapest are the Helly Hanson ones in TK-Max they are 2 pairs for £9.99 and they contain Merino wool.
I wear them nearly all the time.

He will have a wonderful time, I went with the school in 1963 and learnt to ski ... with no lift
and to smoke, and to drink beer ... was wonderful!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you everyone, I will look into your suggestions.

He's going to the Chill Factore for another lesson so will get him to wear his stuff. If he's cold there, well then we know they definitely won't be good enough for Canada.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
He wont get that cold in the Chill Factor, there is no wind ... let him suffer Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely worth a visit to Decathlon. There are shops in Stockport, Bolton and Warrington depending where you're based.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Warrington would be our nearest thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy