Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste next week - any thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I thought I would try to grab some Snowhead wisdom. I've got only 5 days skiing this year flying out on Wednesday. We were due to be heading to Val Cenis but have been contacted by out guide saying there is very little snow and not much more forecast suggested to postpone.

We can't change dates so am looking for any suggestions where we might be able to get some good off piste next weekend?

We're due to fly to Lyon but can possibly change flights. All suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 8-01-17 0:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Val Venus
Laughing Laughing Laughing You can't beat a bit of predictive toast Dublinfella wink

Assuming Val Venus is in France, it looks like you should be heading to Austria, with all its fresh snow, for any off piste potential...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doh. Edited now. Yeah looking at Austria - looking good. Also looking at Andermatt in case we can't change flights but not sure what the conditions are like there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My guide in Andermatt says it is skiing well above 2000m but they are not yet skiing to the valley floor. Looking at the weather forecast from Wednesday onwards, I would want to be somewhere with trees. I would prioritise changing flights. I don't see Disentis or Airolo being much good right now. I don't think the former is even fully open.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@gorilla, thanks. Yeah looking into that now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try the Amade thread and the guesthouse's owned by snowHeads. It's been digging cars out time for the last three days here, some brilliant off piste conditions.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126210&start=200
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy