Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria - Off piste - this coming week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

So we have flights going into Zurich on Wednesday evening and will be flying out on Sunday. We were supposed to be heading to Southern Alps but our guide told us to cancel as there is very limited skiing there at the moment. We have rented a car and are free to go wherever we want. Are thoughts are to head for Ischgl or surrounding towns, as we have not been there before. We are struggling to find any guides in the area. Other easier option would be Arlberg, which we know quite well. We normally stay in St. Anton but thinking of seeing if we can get a good deal in Lech. If staying in Lech - any suggestions for a guide. We would prefer to go in a group from a cost perspective but would look at getting a guide just for the two of us if necessary. We are both very competent off piste skiers.

All suggestions/thoughts/guide recommendations welcome.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lech and Zurs have amazing off piste. We have not been for a few years but have booked guides via Alpin Center - based in centre of Lech We had great success with a range of guides there (3 or 4 different ones). A local chap called Martin (I think) was particularly good - but the others were good too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most snow in AT is east of Innsbruck atm from what I know - parts of Salzburg, Steiermark and Oberösterreich had 40-70cms of snow shortly BEFORE the latest dump, which they were again in the centre of. Dachstein, Obertauern, Hinterstoder, Loser etc, plus treeskiing in the smaller off the radar gems.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plenty of off-piste in the Salzburgerland atm - see these photo's from Friday of Zell am See. https://www.facebook.com/seidl.heinz/posts/1218740104859802

I was in adjacent Kaprun until Saturday which had great conditions, also skied part of the Kitzbuheler Alps (Pass Thurn/Jochberg) which also had brilliant Off Piste and the Ski Circus (Saalbach et al) was amazing!!

Edit - I appreciate that the Western Tirol generally has more varied and expansive off piste, but at the minute the combination of plenty of snow and a period of very, very cold weather has combined for the kind of light, fluffy powder that is normally reserved for Utah etc...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For Ischgl try posting in the weather/snow conditions thread. At least one regular poster's a ski instructor in Ischgl so should be able to tell you about guides.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy