Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Molina

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to La Molina at Half term with a school group, looking forward to it, would appreciate any comments of the resort.

Thanks in advance

Glover 1 Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I liked it. I think I stayed in a village down below somewhere. A locals type place, with great ham sandwiches but otherwise mostly basic food in the resort outlets. The main problem with that part of the world was having to wait until late at night to eat - you may need to learn to have a siesta.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for info
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went there back in the 80`s, late January I think, so about the only thing that may still be relevant is that we had lots of warm sunshine and very little snow, for the last couple of days we went over to Andorra to ski as they closed the resort. I`d guess they have snow making facilities these days and hopefully there will be plenty of the real stuff for you anyway. I remember it as being quite charming in many ways but a lot will probably have changed in the intervening years Laughing Hope you have a great time and do please let us know what it is like there now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They do indeed have a lot of snowmaking, but in any case by February it won't be needed. Consider upgrading the lift pass to the Alp2500 pass which covers Masella (La Molina's lift-linked neighbour) too, since that really increases the amount and variety of terrain available. Curiously, the two resorts actually share several pistes on the ridge which connects them, and then you arrive at a widening when those with single resort passes are obliged to take different routes back down the respective sides of the hill. (Don't make a mistake here; Masella will undoubtably charge for a full lift pass to get you back up to the top. The resorts are only 5 minutes apart by car, so a taxi or hitching a lift would probably work out better.)

Given it's a school trip, I can't imagine you'd be expecting to move around. But just in case: about 20 minutes away by car you have the town of Puigcerdà which has an ice rink and cinema. It's right on the French border and seamlessly joins with Bourg-Madame where you can buy some decent pastries. There's also a train in the other direction to Ribes de Freser from which you can change to the rack railway up to Vall de Núria, which is a pretty interesting journey and destination (there's also a tiny ski resort there). And indeed, Andorra's not far away either.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fantastic thanks for the information all.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely go for the combined Alp 2500 pass. They now have a well developed night skiing area in Masella which you can't miss. La Molina itself is pretty dull in the evening, which is probably not such a bad thing for a school trip Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went last year with my son over Feb half term. Not at all busy mon-fri, but the snow was poor (as it is currently, sadly). Skiing and snow was better in masella (sp), so make sure you get a pass for both. I enjoyed it very much as a low profile resort with a decent amount of skiing.

We combined it with a couple of days in Barcelona, which makes a great week. There is a direct train from from Barcelona to la molina, slow but cheap.

Would definitely go back, but would check the snow!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The majority of European resorts are suffering right now. But snow is on its way...

La Molina will be doing fine in February.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy