Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best route to Geneva airport from France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am driving to the 3V next weekend, and have to pick up one of our party at Geneva airport on Sunday morning. We will be coming from Bourg-en-Bresse (in France about 90 mins west of Geneva). I have a choice of:

- staying entirely in France, picking up from the French side of Geneva airport, and finding the way back to the French autoroute without going into Switzerland
- driving to the Swiss side, but staying off the Swiss autoroute to avoid the vignette charge
- deciding to pay £32 for a Swiss annual vignette to go on the autoroute to/from the Swiss side. It sounds a complete rip-off to pay an annual charge for about 30 minutes driving, but maybe its worth paying just to keep things simple.

Any advice please!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pay for the vignette and get the folk you are picking up to buy you a few drinks. It's a holiday.

But if you decide not to, don't try to stay in France - just stay off the motorway between GVA airport and the Bardonnex border post.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Driving through Geneva can be tiresome. Buy the vignette. Cheap compared to lift passes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's your choice, obviously.

Struggling with why you'd throw it out to an audience of random strangers?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Much info:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2867219
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, it's by no means one of the odder questions asked on SHs and one where local knowledge is arguably relevant. Last time I sat in a series of traffic jams in Geneva in French hired car with no vignette I vowed not to do it again!

In and out the airport through Bardonnex is a cinch compared to any of the alternatives. It's not the time it takes which matters but the time - and temper - it saves.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Struggling with why you'd throw it out to an audience of random strangers?
Struggling with why you'd ask that question after 13,000 posts under a new name rolling eyes??

Surely a Q like that what Snowheads is all about Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
But the question was phrased with the solutions - essentially do I pay or not? Surely a question only answered by the OP and his/her wallet?

Perhaps I am misunderstood.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, Thanks for the recommendation - will probably take your advice to use the autoroute, particularly if it is snowy next Sunday (as currently forecast). I like your other suggestion (to get the person I'm collecting to buy the drinks), but don't hold out too much hope!
@altis, Thanks for the link - had thought I probably wasn't the first to ask this question, but hadn't spotted this thread when I searched.....there's an awful lot on Geneva Airport on this site!
@mountainaddict, Thanks for your intervention!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy