Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi im after some luggage for ski's. I am looking for the biggest available which has wheels. So far the best one i have found is the snokart one which is upto 215cm in length. Basicly the longer the better but also width is important too because i want to get as much stuff in it as possible. If anyone knows of anything bigger than the snokart please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snow Heads!

If you are planning to fly, 215cm exceeds some carriers maximum length - look at the airline sites. I think BA says max 190cm (but it could have been Swiss, Easy or Ryan)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tiddler, have a look at the weight of each bag as the snow cart is nearly half the normal baggage allowance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the reply it's not for flying so any length and weight
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@tiddler1, There are some big bags out there.

220cm 4 Pair bag - http://www.skibartlett.com/ski-equipment-c1/ski-luggage-backpacks-c10/ski-bags-c38/volkl-volkl-roll-bag-4-pair-220cm-p12613

230cm 2 Pair bag - http://www.skibartlett.com/ski-equipment-c1/ski-luggage-backpacks-c10/ski-bags-c38/poc-poc-race-stuff-double-ski-bag-case-230cm-p11640
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you get the Snokart bags, the ski bag on its own doesn't have wheels. You have to zip it to another bag called the wheelie base bag. The weight of the two together is about 6.5kg empty. Those two bags together are called the Snokart3. The Snokart6 adds another bag to the set thus bringing the total empty weight to 8.5kg. If you're only packing one pair of skiis and clothes for just you for a week, you could probably get everything into just the ski bag. But as mentioned, that doesn't have wheels.

By the way, I have the Snokart6 and find I'm only attaching the wheelie base to the ski bag for the convenience of wheels and not because I overpack. Ok, I do overpack but next time I'm not going to. (Famous last words...?)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aaargh! I'm an idiot! I've just looked at the Snokart website and realised there is a ski bag sold on its own that has wheels and that must be what you're talking about, tiddler1. Just ignore me and er, as you were, carry on people.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tiddler1, I have one of these:

http://www.evocsports.com/products/bags/snow-gear-roller

195cm x 39cm x 20cm.

Bigger than the Snokart.

I used it once with a luggage courier service — but that did not work out, so I have no more need of it. Cost me £136.00 in June 2016. Excellent condition. Make me an offer I can't refuse and it's yours. Big help if you can come and collect in London, NW3 — but I could courier it to you at cost.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Slightly off subject but:
Not quite a ski bag but I'm putting an "Ogio 9800 Gear Bag" on my Christmas list for next year.

Has anyone got one of these?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Poogle wrote:
@tiddler1, I have one of these:

http://www.evocsports.com/products/bags/snow-gear-roller

195cm x 39cm x 20cm.

Bigger than the Snokart.

I used it once with a luggage courier service — but that did not work out, so I have no more need of it. Cost me £136.00 in June 2016. Excellent condition. Make me an offer I can't refuse and it's yours. Big help if you can come and collect in London, NW3 — but I could courier it to you at cost.

Where did you buy it? I got the same one off Amazon and it cost £170 Sad

@tiddler1 - buy this bag, it's great

Let me say 3 important things to be aware of with long ski bags:
1) Airlines often have a maximum luggage size, BA is 190 long. This bag is 195 and having scribbled over the bright lettering on the side saying "195cm" in marker pen, I've never had trouble getting it on a plane - probably in part because it's soft and squashes down to 190 anyway. But any bigger and they might decide you're taking the proverbial.
2) Most ski bags fold in half to ease storage, but this means that the rigidity of the bag is set by the skis. So do be aware that if you buy something 2 metres long and your skis are only 1.5m long, that the last half metre of the big will have no rigidity at all which will make the bag a pain in the balls to pull behind you.
3) There's straps inside the bags for securing the skis and if the bag is too long the straps may not fit the skis.

I pack luggage into my ski bag too and my advice would still be to buy something only minimally longer than your skis are, as the main job of the bag is to protect the skis. Buy a boot backpack and take some gear on board with you to maximise luggage space in the ski bag. Making it unnecessarily big will just make it a pig to move around and also more of a ballache than it already is to get it up the stairs in your hotel.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dp, I purchased it from Surfdome; but that was off-season in June.

I think if you read the OP, the bag is not for use on airlines.

My skis are 165cm, and the bag seems fine to pull along when stuffed with other gear.

You get a 5% sales commission if it sells Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Poogle wrote:
@dp, I purchased it from Surfdome; but that was off-season in June.

I think if you read the OP, the bag is not for use on airlines.

Oh yeah I missed that bit.

Quote:

My skis are 165cm, and the bag seems fine to pull along when stuffed with other gear.

You get a 5% sales commission if it sells Very Happy

I will hold you to that Very Happy

5% of a hundred quid will just about buy me half a pint in Cham...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Personaly i love my sportube. Great for skis, boards, model planes, waterproof, baggage handler proof and you can adjust the length.

Had mine for years and years and cant see ill ever need to replace it
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy