Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiwelt-Baseruns

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to the skiwelt in February, and would like to spend one of our days there doing all of the base runs. Just looking for advice from anyone who has done this, in terms of the best place to start/end etc. i have skied the area before, but i've never attempted this. Any help would be much appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kmulle, That's an interesting idea of a day out in the SW. I think many of the base runs are the highlight of the area, so you should have a cracking day as long as it stays cold enough to keep them all in good nick. On this point I would suggest that whichever way you do it, you try to get the run down to Brixen in during the a.m. It's south facing and notoriously slushy when the sun's out..
Do you know where you will be based because this will obviously have a major factor as to where you start and return to?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Ed, yeah I've experienced 1B before and know how bad that run can get. I'm staying in Soll, so can access a few runs from there. I am thinking of ending in Going, what do you reckon?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah if you do it that way round you will get down to Brixen on 1B in the morning so it makes sense (having done Itter and Hopfgarten). When I did it last year we were down at about 11am and the run wasn't bad (on a warm day). Crucially it was quite empty. You then have the delights of Westendorf as you get to K Pass (maybe with lunch on the way back) before heading back to the nice runs in Scheffau and Ellmau later in the day. I think it's wise to end in Going as trying to scramble back to Soll before the lifts close would make for a very stressful day. I can't say I have travelled from Going before but I presume there will be a bus along the valley back to Soll in the evening.

Sounds like a great day out. Let us know how it goes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy