Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra travel/health insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're going to Andorra in 2 weeks and we were going to book our travel insurance online, then a friend of a friend has said he went last year with travel insurance he booked online but when he got there and needed to go to the hospital with suspected broken ribs they said he insurance was not valid and he had to pay a 1000€ even though his insurance said it was valid in Andorra. He said that you have to buy your insurance from within Andorra at the shops or hotels as any other insurance is invalid

I'm going to email all the companies I have looked at to double check what they say, but Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds rubbish to me. It may be that he needed to claim the grand back from the insurance rather than the hospital deal with ins co, but it's the insurance co. that's says where it's valid, not the country!

Had similar decades ago in Austria - the bones clinic didn't recognise the ins. cert. we had (provided by Lunn Poly) but it was all sorted in the end.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fredbob wrote:
Hi,

He said that you have to buy your insurance from within Andorra at the shops or hotels as any other insurance is invalid

Cow poo.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps they are used to people having insurance valid for the EU, when Andorra is not in the EU.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've never had a problem claiming for accidents in Andorra, both times we have had to pay the bill, and claim it back from the insurance company on our return home.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Fredbob Did you ask your friend whether he made a claim to his insurance company for the return of the 1,000 euros he spent at the hospital? If not, why not?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jja, same here, paid the bill at the medical centre and claimed back on return home. i definitely checked the Europe bit of the insurance was geographical area not political/economic union.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had a reply from a couple of different insurance companies and they said you need to pay it then claim it back. So just looks like this bloke didn't understand the system properly.

Thanks for everyone's help once again Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy