Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BBC item about snow making

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38516688

The snow drought in the Swiss alps has reached the BBC.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess most established businesses can withstand a couple of bad seasons.

The real question is: is this just a couple of bad seasons or is this just how things are going to be now with the changing climate?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Peter S, funny, I could have sworn it's been dumping snow here in Laax for the last 3 days.... I read the article and there's certainly nothing new in it.

@acrim, from my own totally unscientific observations, all the seasons here seem to have been shifting back by about a month over the last few years. The ski industry is still geared up for a season running from early Dec to early to mid April - presumably to catch the Christmas travellers - but following a not uncommon early snow around the end of Oct/beginning of Nov, the real snow seems to have started properly just after New Year and it's kept snowing until late April. Certainly we couldn't start lake sailing until well into May last season because it kept snowing!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The issue seems to be that Christmas and New Year are just too important to the skiing economy. It seems that people have come to rely on skiing at that time of year and That it is now responsible for 30% of annual income. That means the industry is now reliant on early snow cover.

Perhaps The clever move would be to find a way of moving that business later into the season when cover is more reliable.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied on the first artificial snow in the UK in a factory unit in Telford Shropshire in the 80's when it was in it's development phase. Remember paying 5 pounds to ski from a crouching position in the roof for an hour. Glad to have been instrumental in the development of this technology.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eng_ch wrote:
@Peter S,@acrim, from my own totally unscientific observations, all the seasons here seem to have been shifting back by about a month over the last few years. The ski industry is still geared up for a season running from early Dec to early to mid April - presumably to catch the Christmas travellers - but following a not uncommon early snow around the end of Oct/beginning of Nov, the real snow seems to have started properly just after New Year and it's kept snowing until late April. Certainly we couldn't start lake sailing until well into May last season because it kept snowing!

So the answer's simple then; we just put Christmas and New Year back a month... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Meanwhile there is snow in Greece:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38546998
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Easter to be the New Christmas for resorts
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy