Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thermic foot warmer installation.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya one & all,
So Santa was kind enough to get me a pair of thermic battery powered heated footpads for Christmas and my question to all you out there is this.
Where is the best location for the triangular heater element? Is it best to place it under the toes or under the instep?
I'm a bit concerned about running the wire under my sole and through the boot inner to run it up by the achilles tendon, which is what is recommended. Has anyone used these and am I worrying about nothing?

Can't wait to go to Canada in 2 weeks to try them out though!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just follow the instructions!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gixxerniknik, there are dozens of ways to install these, whoever supplied them should do it for you normally free of charge there are a good few videos on youtube

it can be fiddly to get it right

normal simple install:::, element under toes, slit in footbed for cable which runs on the bottom of the footbed to the heel, small slit in liner for cable which come out liner and runs up the back to the battery BUT make sure there is somewhere to cut the liner which does not affect any flow packs or stitching (or it might fall apart)

on a race boot we sometimes take the cable out in the inner arch and spiral it round the liner to save space
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy