Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2 Ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just booked a flight with Jet 2 and ski carriage EMA - GVA - for an incredible 50p each way - I got so excited by the deal, I invested in 1 whole £'s worth each way!!!ie 44kgs:)
Having never flown with them, I've no idea how they run their rule book.

Does anyone know how strict they are on what you pack in your ski bag - ie for that 50p per bag, I'm hoping to pack all my clobber for a weekend trip so haven't booked an actual hold bag ........ ?? Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am also after some more concrete information as I am buying a ski bag to transport my wifes skis (and possibly my own if I can get some at the right price in the Glisshop sale)

The one I want is the Dakine fall line double , and the 190 cm one in case I purchase some all mountain 180-185's
The bag itself is just over 2 metres long acc. to Dakine website

However Jet2 ski carriage says max length for ski bags is 6 foot (or 183 cm)...
The lady I spoke to at Jet2 said that is all they guarantee , any longer is at discretion of checkin staff - which seems rather unhelpful.

Has anyone had any experience in this with Jet2? Will they allow longer than 6 ft?

Do they allow but charge as oversized ??

Or not allowed at all !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,
I've spoken with Jet2 customer services previously, and they've advised that 6ft is the limit, but that it will depend on who's on the desk and whether they can be bothered measuring.
Which isn't particularly helpful...
But I'd be shocked if anyone did ever measure it.
FYI my ski bag is 200cm long, and no-one's ever measured it (yet).
(I guess that's not all that helpful either ?)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got a douche bag ski bag so you can roll it down a bit! What will Jet 2 do if 2m plus skis come back Shocked
Jet2 have written to confirm you can pack clothing in the ski bag as long as it doesn't go over 22kgs Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for all the answers , think I will go for the douchebag as it looks the most flexible.... sadly the most expensive !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just bought mine on ebay - It cost less than £95 inc delivery - from a retailer called sport spezial based in Innsbruck. It arrived in a couple of days and is a cracking bag - can't wait to use it!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know this thread is about Jet2 but I'm going with Crystal.
And the allowance is just 15kg per ski bag.

I've never had a problem before except once at Calgary where my bag weighed in at 30kg. but I just said my boots were in there as well and the just let it through.

But 15Kg ... that is ridiculous, I think the skis alone weigh 13kg,
then the bag itself must be 4kg,
Then there are my boots probably 5kg,
Then the wife's skis, probably 10kg
and her boots another 5kg
Helmets, gloves goggles,
Ski Mo-jo another 5kg
Spare coat, spare pants,
+ a few tins of figs.
And it cost £40!!!

Perhaps they limit the weight to 15kg so that people dont take the wee wee?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've seen your spare coat - you should have left that in the 80's where it belongs Very Happy rolling eyes Shocked Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi @P O Pepsi,

Ah .. the 80s one!

Yea I like to wear that on sunny warm days.

I got my "ski stuff" box out of the loft a couple of days ago, to have a rummage through.
I do have a great "reversable" ski jacket form the 70s, bu I don't think its very warm anymore.

But I'm taking a suit from the 90s with me next time.
It dosen't fit me to well anymore but what the hell!
Its quite a rare Nike outfit the pants are better made than a modern set of Norronas, with zips around the legs and over the bum.
I suppose its for back country emergencies?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
too much information Smile
haha
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can confirm everyone what everyone else has said. The check in staff really aren't too bothered, they don't mind what is in the ski bag and you can pool your hold bag weight and ski bag weight together if need be.

I did see the 50p for ski bags and wondered what they would do if I had a ski bag and a normal case - I could have my boots in there and helmet (which I usually do anyway).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's what I'm planning to do - skis and kit in one bag. Boots and helmet in the other - its ski equipment after all! Tho given my next trip is only for a long weekend, I really ought to be able to pack light!!! rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would never trust Jet2 with all my clobber for a trip in a ski bag. They've failed 3 out of 4 times to get our skis out and back on the same flights as us having paid a lot more than 50p for the privilege. Never use them at all now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy