Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in Lech

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for reasonable priced hire from a decent shop, looking at Chalet alpenland if anyone knows where that is/has anything to say about it.

Any advice welcome (we've not booked yet but are looking at it imminently)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Chalet you are looking at is in the hamlet of Zug, not in Lech proper. (3 km)
Zug is tiny, and it looks like there is just one rental shop in the Hotel Rote Wand
Zug is connected to the skiing area via a chairlift and a skiroute. The skiroute is very easy and groomed 99%, but can be closed when avalanche risk is high. In that case you'll be skiing down to Lech and by skibus back to Zug.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 3-01-17 15:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Happy with tiny if we get good snow to be honest. (booking for next week)

Hire prices however do seem a little steep, might see if we can't pick the Mrs up some skis before we go Neh Neh
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tom B82,
It is a while since I have been to the area but ski hire was very very expensive. We always hired at home and even with airline charges it was tons cheaper that way. Ok, the stuff you rent out there is generally good quality, but it has been a cartel for years.

No doubt others with more recent experience will come along, but if I remember correctly there was a recent EU competition case where a cartel was found to have been operating out there. Perhaps this has improved matters in the region.

As for where you are, the Alpenland is a super place. I have been there a couple of times with Skiworld. Absolutely fabulous location in Zug. As the poster above points out the Rote Wand is the only ski hire in Zug, and you will definitely need deep pockets if renting there. I suppose it depends on the premium you are prepared to pay for convenience. However, there is a regular free bus service into town if you find anything more affordable in Lech by booking in advance online.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we bought skis and boots from ekosport last year as lech prices so high for hire! hired kids stuff from sport2000 online with discount code
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The cartel was in St.Anton.
But for sure there is some price negotation in Lech as well. But the Lecher have always been a bit smarter than the St.Antonians...
Anyway, it is a bit silly to talk about cartels of small skishops in small skiresorts in a world ruled by multinationals. Fake free market we are made to believe in.
Prices in Lech will be high, and stay like that. And in fact that sometimes is a good thing!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hired for my OH in the ski shop in Zug itself, right beneath the Rote Wand as we stopped in the Alpenland too. Very good service, quick and efficient and really good quality pair of skis (though we didn't go for the basic package).

The Alpenland is a very nice chalet, stopped there twice. A lot can depend on who the hosts are though, had a bit of an "issue" with our hosts there the year before last which worked out ok in the end but was very bizarre at the time, more akin to Faulty Towers.

Edit. Also don't recall that hire shop being eye wateringly expensive either. Seems we got what we paid for.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tom B82, do you have any transport? cheaper to hire down the valley if you do!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it's Alpenland then almost certainly a package deal with Skiworld including transfers
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its also now gone, so looks like my problem has vanished Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Tom B82, Think of all the money you've saved on ski hire Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had to get the nod from my wife anyway, pretty much everywhere cheap in Austria gone in a matter of hours...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lech is a DIY resort.
Lots of choice still for the coming week. Easy!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy