Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb half term traffic to Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are driving to Avoriaz at half term.
We plan to get as far as Chalone sur Soane on
Friday evening and get up early Saturday to
Head up to Avoriaz. Can anyone advise what traffic
May be like after chalone? We hope to be on the
Road for 7am, thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 3-01-17 17:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From previous experience, Friday traffic usually isn't too bad. Of course, weather, roadworks and accidents notwithstanding. Saturday AM, the earlier the start, the clearer the traffic. If it was me, I would aim for earlier than 7AM.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
7 am on the Saturday should be fine, it shouldn't take more than 4-5 hours. What time can you check into your accommodation?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Might get better/more response with a more informative thread title?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't check in until 4pm but don't mind having a wonder around and shopping/lunch. Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Avoriaz is car-free - you leave your car in the car park and take your bags to the resort. Given that you can't get in until 4pm. it might make sense to stop in Morzine for lunch/shops etc, then drive up to the Avoriaz car park just before 4pm.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We normally arrive early on Saturday morning and have a cheeky ski before checking in in the afternoon. Depends on how keen you are.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you
We are regulars to Avoriaz but normally fly.
Last year was our first year driving and we were stuck for 3hrs on the climb up from morzine to Avoriaz hence we are keen to get into resort early 😀
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pix wrote:
Thank you
We are regulars to Avoriaz but normally fly.
Last year was our first year driving and we were stuck for 3hrs on the climb up from morzine to Avoriaz hence we are keen to get into resort early 😀

We go to Avoriaz at half term and, whilst we fly, my parents drive there. I wouldn't stop in Morzine, for exactly the reason you give - that drive can take a long time once the traffic builds. I think you'll be fine at that time and I'd just park up and wander into the town, as you suggest.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or consider parking at Prodains and getting the large lift up to Avoriaz from there spend the day skiing until you can check in
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ruddster wrote:
Or consider parking at Prodains and getting the large lift up to Avoriaz from there spend the day skiing until you can check in

+1
Reserve a spot in the underground car park.
Get there early.
Ski all day finish back at the car.
You can make multiple trips for all your luggage on the Prodains lift if you have a day lift pass.
Even if you are in the Falaise sector you can just get a pony and trap to your accommodation from the top of the gondola.
Also means that you can get away early if it looks like the conditions will be shady for your return.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All depends on the snow. If the roads are clear it's fine, if it snows then it's bloody chaos on that road.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I work and live in the area, avoid it if possible and park at Prodains, I have queued for three hours to get there and if it snowing then expect the police to not let you drive up without putting on your snow chains first
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy