Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand parent safe resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

As always, I come cap in hand for some advice.

I am looking to go skiing with my dad and my 2 yo in late March/early April this year. My dad doesn't ski and had a total knee replacement a couple of years ago.

He's fully mobile, but ideally want him somewhere flatish that is perhaps well gritted. If he's out with the beastlet, I don't want him falling over chasing her etc.

I would book my daughter in a creche all day so that he can drop/collect her as he sees fit given that she'll knacker him out in about 5 minutes!

Meanwhile, I would probably look to join an off piste ski school for the mornings only.

What kind of resorts would fall into this category? I've thought of:

- Tignes (maybe too much snow?)
- Val D'Isere (ditto?)
- Morzine & Les Gets (lots of options with chalets with creche on site)
- St Anton or Lech (harder to get creches in Austria - could go back to Esprit ski in Nasserein)
- Innsbruck (wildcard - could stay in the centre and I could bus/train out to resorts)

If I was being really picky (and this is a preference), I would prefer to avoid Grenoble and Chambery with a young child given the carnage. Might rule out Espace Killy.

Happy to book it DIY if necessary or flights plus chalet deal.

Welcome any advice of other resorts and/or companies that might fit the bill.

Regards

BB
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Polite bump... Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you looking at self catering or a TO? I regularly go to Courchevel 1650 which is a flat town centre and it has escalators up to the snow front and down to lower down chalets. A while since I have been to val d'Isere but I seem to recall the town centre being flattish.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@J9, I think for ease we'd go with a deal that includes crèche. May be a full TO package or, more likely, we will book flights and book a chalet that includes a creche.

Could do with something that's quite large for dad, so he can take the beastlet to the pool or if he just wants a wander to regain some sanity!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you looked at Chamonix? Easy airport. Easy transfer. Good off piste. More to do for non-skiers than most places. Town centre itself is low and flat with a good pedestrianised part for a two year old to run around in. You could book a self-catered apartment with washing machine etc. rather than stay in a catered chalet, and get a baby sitter rather than use a creche. This will mean your father can hang out with his granddaughter with someone to do all the work, which he might enjoy more than just being by himself during the day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Badbobby, I have been with Esprit many times when my daughter was younger and I thought their childcare was good. They have a chalet in Val d'isere. Perhaps call them and discuss your needs? @Steve77, makes a good point on your father not being by himself during the day so if with a TO perhaps look for a resort for things to do for non skiers. I haven't been to Chamonix but it sounds suitable from the description above.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Badbobby, I have been with Esprit many times when my daughter was younger and I thought their childcare was good. They have a chalet in Val d'isere. Perhaps call them and discuss your needs? @Steve77, makes a good point on your father not being by himself during the day so if with a TO perhaps look for a resort for things to do for non skiers. I haven't been to Chamonix but it sounds suitable from the description above.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steve77, Chamonix does sound a good idea. Almost too obvious that i missed it out!

@J9, I have been with Esprit in 2016 to St Anton. Felt it was great for me and the other half with the baby, as one can bond better with the other parents, but not so sure for me and my old man. I'll probably consider one of their chalet's nearer the time or maybe the Belle Plagne property with the pool.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy