Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice please regarding missed ski school sessions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Myself and my family went skiing for Christmas. At the beginning of the holiday one of the children had a bad tumble (not in lessons) and was airlifted to hospital (fortunately it turned out not to be serious).

It really wasn't a priority at the time (and still isn't), but since returning home and knowing they are OK, I wondered if we could claim back the costs of the very many pre-paid ski school sessions etc we all missed (that we had paid for in advance through the UK tour operator)?

I don't want to give out too many details on here, but just wondered if we would do this directly with the ski school abroad (even though we paid for them via the tour operator) or would it be via the tour operator or my holiday insurance?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Insurance...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A lot of it will depend on when/whether you let the tour operator know at the time.

In any case, for the lift passes I'm pretty sure that'll only be a travel insurance thing; they are typically non-refundable once they've been activated and used, but travel insurance policies do tend to cover lost days through injury. It probably the same case for ski school, but as I say entirely dependent on how and when/if you cancelled . If its hire equipment, in my previous experience (albeit 5 or 6 years ago) you had to claim a refund for unused days by returning the kit in resort and arranging the refund through the tour operator rep. If you didn't manage to take equipment back early then I don't think you'll have any joy with that.

Quite a few variables so I'd suggest the best bet is a call to the tour operator to see what their policy is. But unless you directly cancelled things with the operator then holiday insurance may be the only avenue available to you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think holiday insurance, I'm guessing you'll already have a case/claim for the medical side too.

You should be able to claim most things like ski hire, lift passes and lessons etc. Unfortunately you may only be able to claim for you child and another adult not the whole group.

Review the terms of your policy

DK
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks.

We still used the lift passes as we were using the gondola to take us from our hotel (up the mountain) back and forwards to the hospital.

The holiday reps were involved and had to submit reports to the tour operator, so everyone knows about it.

I will speak with the holiday insurance company about it, as I need to speak with them anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It may not matter if you used the lift passes or not, many policies have a fixed amount per day they pay for not being able to ski.

Example term from nationwide policy

"If we provide cover under section E – Medical and emergency costs whist you are on your journey, we will also pay
you £25 per insured person for every complete 24 hours that you spend in hospital, the maximum amount we will
pay per insured person is £1,000."

Ski-pack (lessons, passes and hire)
Where you are unable to use your ski-pack on advice from our medical adviser, we will provide up to £35 per day
per insured person for your unused ski-pack, which you originally pre-booked in the UK
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely try insurance first and press your case very strongly. You may not get back everything you spent but dependent on the terms of the policy you have an evens chance of getting a contribution to your losses.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my youngest damaged her knee half way through the week last feb half term, the ski school (ESF) refunded the remaining days of her lessons directly and her tutor even awarded her with her 2nd etiole badge and certificate, equipment hire for both my daughter and wife (she looked after her during the day) was refunded as well, the insurance company refunded the unused portion of the lift passes later on, to be honest it was all fairly straightforward.
hopefully this will be the case for you as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks. I spoke to the ski school and they were VERY unhelpful. However, they had a leaflet on their desk stating that you can claim refunds, by email, within 15 days if you have to cancel for medical reasons (with proof). I've therefore brought one home with me but wasn't sure which option to try first as the school seemed extremely awkward.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy