Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Changing lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are having to change the week of our skiing holiday, but unfortunately we'd already booked accommodation, lessons and lift passes, all in Flaine, February half term. Does anyone know if we're likely to be able to change dates for them? Failing that, is it possible to sell the lift passes privately?

Thanks

Jeremy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would look at my contract. I can't believe the passes have been bought already.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How did you book? independently or through a tour operator / travel agent?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@faganj, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I believe that technically lift passes tend not transferable between people but mostly it's because they don't want people sharing passes. Some places now have cameras that snap you when you first use your pass then the pic shows up as you go through lift stations for comparison. I've seen someone stopped because she picked up her room-mate's pass. That's not going to get in the way though if you're just giving a week's pass to someone else.

First though, I'd just ask if it's OK to give these things up - Feb half term, everyone is at capacity anyway so your places in ski school etc can just be filled by someone else.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I booked them all independently, and the lift passes have already arrived (I'm kicking myself for booking the passes so far in advance). I've emailed all three suppliers, and I'm just waiting to hear back. Changing the dates of lessons looks positive (their cancellation fee is 20% at this point, so changing should be the same or less), but they're the only one who has their terms and conditions in English - and my French isn't up to reading technical language!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@faganj, I would be astonished if you couldn't switch passes. Accommodation much more likely to be the problem.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree with this ^^^. I would phone the lift co. if you are not getting anywhere with e-mail.

Are you sure you want your email address shown in your location?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@faganj, Grand Massif tend to be rather rigid as far as lift passes go. They have warning messages at the ticket offices to make sure the details are correct as they cannot be changed. My son at Easter got on really well in the lessons, so got moved up, which meant he needed a grand massif pass and not a local one. We had to buy a brand new one, there was no question of upgrade fee or anything like that, even had the instructor asking the ticket office if it could be done, and getting rather cross with them.

Be prepared to be disappointed, sorry
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Most places given they will be able to resell everything at Feb half term would be accommodating and refund (mayb efor small cancellation / admin fee) assuming they get it rebooked, but then your dealing with the French, so fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@planeurge - Thanks for telling me - no idea how that happened.

@Zorrac - I think that's what my expectations are! Hopefully they'll be more accommodating, but if not, I'll try and sell elsewhere.

ESF have changed the dates without any problems, and are even promising a small refund of the price difference. I haven't heard from the accommodation and the lift pass companies.

Thanks for all the replies.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just to say the final conclusion of the saga:
ESF were no problem at all - changed straight away.
Grand Massif Lift passes - were happy to change from February to March, but not to January.
Accommodation (booked through flaineimmobilier.com) - were happy to change, but only refunded the deposit when they had successfully re-let the apartment (and were reminded of this by me before I paid the remaining balance!).

All in all, a great relief. The only cost we've lost out on, is that we could have got various discounts on lift passes and lessons for that week if we'd booked them through the immobilier directly with the apartment - but that's small fry compared to the cost of losing the lift pass price, etc. And the apartment is 600 euros cheaper in March than February, so we can afford to fly out rather than drive.

Thanks for the advice!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Our friends had to do something similar in Les Contamines this year. They had had lift passes sent in the post but the lift company was very happy to move the booking (will automatically update the passes at the first barrier).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy