Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste equipment question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought a pair of black crows captis this year. I have had the black crows attack binding fitted to them. I'm going to be doing more off piste this year so will need a free ride binding. My question is can I fit a freeride binding on to my captis? I like the ski for all terrain skiing. Which would you recommend I'm 5'11 and around 80 kilos?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mk28, You don't need a different binding to ski off piste. Your existing one will be fine (unless I'm missing something!). You'll only need to change if you want to do some touring, and then yes, you can fit a different binding.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry yes that's what I meant I want the option to be able to go touring. Just wanted to know if it isn't a problem to replace bindings. I don't know much about ski touring bindings so just wanted to ask which ones would suit my ski the best?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mk28, You probably want to look at a frame binding, otherwise you will need new boots as well, unless they already have tech fittings.

A typical binding you should look at would be the Marker F12, or the heavier Market Baron, both of which have a touring mode, but allow you to use normal alpine boots.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A good shop will be able to mount new bindings (filling old holes). I'd consider quiver killers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok great thanks.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Themasterpiece, why use quiver killers if you only have 1 set of skis?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dp, because your likely to end up with more than one set of skis at some point. And may as well quiver killer them now while mounting the bindings. I would have done this if I'd have had the foresight rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy