Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach to Salzburg, best way ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of my fellow skiers has to go back in the middle of our weeks holiday next week due to unforeseen circumstances.
What is the easiest and best value way of getting to Salzburg mid week from Hinterglemm ?

I'd said I would ask on here as this is the font of all alpine knowledge snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus to Zell am See then train to Salzburg
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PORTMAN, @2planks, - don't necessarily need to go all the way to Zell: you can pick the Salzburg train up from Maishofen (did that early one boxing-day several years ago, catching the train (well 5 actually) all the way to Moutiers in the French Alps!! - highly efficient service)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 1-01-17 12:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And then a bus to the airport. Depending on timing you can get a bus direct from Zell to the Airport rather than havin to go via Salzburg hbf

http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?

Bit of a faff by public transport. You. Might want to try one of the shared transfer companies although appreciate midweek is slightly odd time.....

One of the locals like Tatman might have an alternative.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We always use the Holiday Shuttle (www.holiday-shuttle.at), which runs 8 times a day every day. Midweek this may well turn out to be the equivalent of a private taxi but at a much reduced price. However I was talking to a couple of people the other day, who always use the public bus, and they recommended it. Its advantage is that it leaves or drops you off right outside the airport terminal and it's only 14 euros. Although you have to change at Maishofen, apparently they coordinate the buses, so that you don't have to wait - if one's a few minutes late, the other one waits. They said it takes a couple of hours, which isn't a lot longer than the shuttle, and, if the timing is better, it could get you there earlier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Awesome stuff, thanks, I'll forward the thread onto my mate.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Useful info Tatman I did't realise there was a public bus option. My flight gets in around 3pm so think it will be cutting things a bit fine with the Holiday Shuttle bus.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Raven, you can look at the timings of both the shuttle and the bus on their respective websites - www.holiday-shuttle.at and www.oebb.at ;and then decide which suits you best.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Easiest way is the Holiday Shuttle: door-to-airport for €44.

Cheapest way is the Postbus: take the bus towards Zell am See, changing at the crossroads just outside Maishofen. Ask the driver and he'll put you off at the correct place, and he'll liaise with the driver of the Salzburg bus, who will wait if your bus is running late. Stops outside the airport terminal. Costs about €15.

The train is not a particularly convenient option. Zell-Salzburg trains are fewer and slower than the busses and run to the centre of Salzburg, from where you need a trolley bus out to the airport. The station at Maishofen seems to be served by very few trains these days, as it's only 5km from Zell.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy