Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Avoriaz using cable car in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Just wondering if using the cable car to get to Avoriaz from Morzine with your luggage is easy enough, as most of the private transfers don't want to go right up to the resort or as close as they can get.

Just concerned as there is 4 adults and 4 children, I am sure all will be ok but having never been it would be nice to know before we get there.

Thanks for your help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you actually in Morzine and wanting to go to Avoriaz? If so ski bus to Prodains and up the new(ish) gondola.

If directly from the airport you can be dropped at Prodains by your transfer company then as above.

You can't be dropped direct at accommodation in Avoriaz as the village is car free.

There is a horse drawn transfer service from the top of the gondola (or I think you can hire a sledge and DIY). No idea about pricing. Some accommodation is very close to the gondola, other a fair hike uphill.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't recall the horse carts waiting at the top of Prodains. Only at the top station / welcome centre. But you could call one when there http://www.avoriaz.com/en/staying/getting-here-and-parking/parks-and-on-site-transportation.

I wouldn't try walking to anywhere with luggage etc from the top of Prodains. You basically walk onto a piste and its all uphill from there.

Personally I would try and find a transfer up into the resort.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is very routine to arrive via the bubble. Book a sled.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are due to fly out on the 21st and a friend has sorted out the transfer which stops at the Prodains. I may ask him to see if we can add the extra bit of the journey. If we can call them that will be fine. I am a cheap ass so probably book accommodation miles away ha ha. I don't mind pulling a sled though as we arrive early. Thanks for your help
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bluedusty, Avoriaz is quite compact, but on a hill basically so you dont want to be trying to get from the bottom (top of Prodains) to the top under your own stream with luggage. Sledges are pulled by horses! It's a fun part of the holiday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was just wondering if the transfer company were trying to save themself time and it's apparently quiet a trek from Morzine to Avoriaz and gets busy? I suppose at least on the way back it will be down hill Very Happy
I will hopefully be able to ride the sled down Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@themasterpiece thanks for the info. Horse and sled sounds great and I am sure the kids will love it. Can you pre book or is it just a case of phone on arrival?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bluedusty I think it's about 30 mins from Morzine up to Avoriaz on a very windy road. I can't recall if you can pre-book the horse and sled or they just tell you to call 10 minutes before you need it? But I don't think you'd want to pre-book anyway as there could be any number of delays before you get to Morzine. Contact them to see what they suggest.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are usually snow cats waiting at the top of the lift, you can jump in one of those. IIRC it's about 15 euro to L'amara where we stay. I definitely wouldn't recommend hiring a sled if you're more than a couple of minutes from the lift station, they're a bit of a faff.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy