Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kinder Kaiserland- Scheffau, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been here?

http://kinderkaiserland.com/?lang=en

This looks ideal for our 2 year old, although I'm struggling to decipher which lift we'd want to be near to minimise walking, so if anyone has any tips that would be appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KinderKaiserland is at the top of the main Scheffau gondola. There are a few hotels near the bottom station of the lift, e.g. The Hotel Waldhof, but the main Scheffau village with most of the accommdation is further away (up the hill on the other side of the main road). I assume there is an arrangement to get skiers from the village to the lift but I don't know the details. Maybe somone else who knows Scheffau can help.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It sounds like the Gondola is called 'Brandstadl I', although not much accommodation shows up within walking distance on Booking.com Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Next best thing might be accommodation next to a ski bus stop.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@vjmehra,
Both the Gondolas up from Schffau are next to each other. About a hundred meters apart top and bottom. Most the hotels are about half a mile away North of the main road in the main village, but there are buses.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@vjmehra, a friend and I skied in the SkiWelt yesterday and I took the chance to make some photos which may be of interest to you. The first shows the Kinder Kaiserland near the top stations of the two Scheffau gondolas...

And then a couple with an overview of the area and a closer look at some of the activities taking place...

And this photo, taken from near the top of the Hartkaiser above Ellmau, may give you a better idea of how Scheffau village lies a bit away from the lifts.

Scheffau is the village with the houses with red roofs. The strip of snow leads down from the village to near the Scheffau gondolas' bottom stations (at the left hand end of the strip, hidden by the trees). I believe that means you can ski down to near the gondolas (though I've never done that myself). Also there in the strips of artificial snow is the Übungslift Dorf (the village practice lift). I assume that the snow promised for the next couple of days will transfigure this rather bizarre view of artificial snow pistes into a proper winter wonderland Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can ski down to the bottom of the gondolas in Scheffau, snow permitting. It's a nice run if the snow isn't too slushy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Internet forumming at its best @espri!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have been and the Ski Welt is a lovely place. You will have a great time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It looks ideal for little ones...although we had a bit of a change of heart and actually booked Are, Sweden yesterday evening!

That said, if the snow sticks around until Easter...either that or there is always next year, in a way it may be better when she's 3.5, probably the right age!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@vjmehra, I'd check the age limits - I seem to recall that the child needs to be 4 before they will accept them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rumdiary wrote:
I have been and the Ski Welt is a lovely place. You will have a great time.

It's great there in the summer for kids as well. Each village has a special themed play area.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@vjmehra, when are you off to Are? The kids area in Bjornen is great.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy