Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zipfit Liners Leaking??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First week skiing in my new Zipfit liners which are a great improvement on the stock liners in my boots (Head Raptors) however I've found that the outsides of the ankle cuff and therefore the inside of the shell is covered in sticky gloop when I take them off each day. Has anyone else experienced this?? Is this normal?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nothing like that with mine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@lampygirl, I've experienced it. It turned out to be the glue used when some tiny shims were inserted into my boots to correct alignment issues. (The bootfitter was not pleased - he was not the person who caused the problem, though he very kindly cleaned up the mess for no charge.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nope, nothing like that on mine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are they worth it? Thinking of getting some
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Levi215, They solve some issues both my own skinny feet and injury related. The support is excellent and I've not had to crank my boot buckles once this week despite less than ideal conditions. Best to see a boitfitter though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Levi215, bootfitter told me that they would make my boots fit better - the liners which came with the boots didn't fit at all - and they do fit perfectly and comfortably. They can be used again ie with new boot shells. Obviously it would have been cheaper had the original liners been a good fit!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@lampygirl, did you get your boots in Bicester?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@lampygirl, is it the liner with the leather around the cuff or the stealth rubber? if it is the rubber it is the adhesive that bonds it to the liner which seeps a little at the stitch lines on the cuff, you can remove the stickiness with some acetone or solvent and it shouldn't come back unless the liner gets really warm (it is the heat when they are moulded which makes the adhesive liquid) the whole idea of the stealth rubber is to give a better grip between the liner and the shell.

if however it is leather all the way up the back of the cuff then that is very strange
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@CEM, it is the Gara rubber ones with the stitching so that makes sense. Was going to give you a call when I was back in the UK but I'll try giving them a clean tonight. They are otherwise excellent I must admit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy