Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bent Binding Brake, Bad Bounce, Buggrit.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Question for the techies...

I was engaged in a bit of a schuss at the weekend in Chamonix, happily rocking from edge to edge like a pro, when I hit a patch of slippy stuff, lost my outside edge and went splat. In the process of going splat i ended up with the brake on the outside edge i had been on bending in a very funny way, ie at roughly 30 degrees to the south of where it should be. Sadly made my way down the slope, carrying my wounded ski....remedial repair involved me bending the brake back to where it should be, using BFI (brute force and ignorance). Am going to get it checked out, by a shop, but would the sage technicians of the board recommend any other particular action? Marker squire bindings, i guess my actual question is should i just bin em? was really surprised at the damage and how easily it seemed to be banjaxed...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brakes are easy to replace and inexpensive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did the same last season, bending both arms of one brake towards the front of the skis (no idea how I managed that, but it was a bit of a yard sale so I was glad that was the only damage to me or my kit). When I stepped in to the binding the brake did not retract properly so it was impossible to ski on it. I also used BFI, having skied on one leg to the nearest lift station and borrowed a hammer off the liftie. I was happy to persuade the brake back in to approximately the correct shape as it wasn't connected to the binding itself (which I wouldn't take a hammer to) and seems a fairly sturdy mechanism able to take a bit of a pounding.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ta muchly - will look into replacing the brakes to be safe. Sounds like almost an identical issue to yours Rob, except to just 1 arm... still dont really understand how it bent in that direction!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@coddlesangers, there was a thread on here last year about the method to use on bent brakes (spyderjon?), cant find it at the mo
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2911955&highlight=#2911955
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Magnificent - pipe and vice mode will be employed tonight . It'll be ski servicing evening all round chez moi as 3 pairs of ski's all took significant collateral damage over the weekend from on piste sharks along with my bent brakes...tks very much for the help!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy