Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trysil....Cant wait

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So excited about our trip to NOrway in 6 weeks and two days. Didnt go this year as went to France and didnt go at all the year before. So looking forward to, cold weather and proper snow! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lol!
I'd never heard of Trysil, it sounds like a heamorroid ointment Very Happy Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Norways premier downhill resort, I'll have you know.

I hadn't heard of it until we went a couple of seasons ago. It's very nice as as it's north and cold the snow is very good, or it was when we were there.

Alcohol and on slope food is a bit eye watering though, but Ok with a a bit of careful planning, like bringing in a case of wine from the UK!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@t44tomo,
Can you get wine/beer at reasonable prices in local shops?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wine & spirits no, they are only sold thru controlled gov outlets, but the local supermarket (we were staying at the radisson blu, the supermarket was just across the way towards the lifts) sold cans of beer for a reasonable price, £2 ish a can from memory.

You can stock up on wine at the duty free shop on arrival at the airport also or bring your duty free allowance from home if you have the weight allowance left in your luggage- a little cheaper than Oslo airport shop.

The hotel restaurant / bar wanted a limb for a bottle of wine and north of £10 for a beer.
@Mitchell,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm going in 7 weeks to trysil! Can't wait. First time skiing for my girls (8 and 10) and second time for my wife. (1st time 20 years ago) Hoping they love it and can start going every year!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
north of £10 for a beer
Shocked Shocked Shocked Almost makes Tignes look like Bansko... Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my top tip, having skied in NOrway several times is take essentials. We fly usually with BA so you have loads of luggage, this year SAS but still have 23kgs each. We take x 2 box of wine! Lots of pasta, cheese rice and buy essentials there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@warbis66, +1. Take a bottle of spirits, if that's your thing. Price of beer from supermarkets is OK. But not in a bar or restaurant.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As a person who lives in Norway, all's I can say is stock up on alcohol before you arrive (and/or duty free upon arrival). The traditional apreski for Norwegians is to to drink a few glasses in your room at the end of the day, and then hit one of the bars. If you are over 25, avoid "Låven" which is the biggest bar at the bottom of the resort. I was there last year with some friends (all around 40, and we felt very "old").

If you are travelling with kids, then the skistar resorts (Trysil, Hemsedal, Åre, etc), are great for kids.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy