Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soon to arrive in BC Canada for RV trip :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm on route from England to Vancouver to pick up our winterized RV. We are thinking of driving to Red Mountain/Rossland for NYE, Nelson, Valhalla PowderCats Skiing, St Leon or Halfway Hot Springs, Revelstoke and Whistler. The main aim is to find fresh powder and have a exciting holiday!

Anywhere else we should go or anything else we should do, see, eat/drink? All tips welcome.

Thanks Sophie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sophie18, Sounds great I would think Nelson would be a great place to spend NYE - it has a great Bohemian rep. and vibe. Jacksons Hole there had good food last time we were there. Rossland is a bit of a quiet place - low key really, but Red is great if it has fresh snow. Both a good drive from YVR.

We will be out there again in Feb/March roadtripping Smile have a fun time - reports on your trip would be good. Madeye-Smiley

Philwig is out in BC atm, so might have better ideas for you. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can not buy wine or beer in the supermarket you have to find the liquor store (usually next door or at least the same carpark).
Costco if you can find one some times sell lift tickets, and you can use your uk card. Check road conditions before you set off!!
weather network, bc highways.
Nelson is lovely, Revelstoke should be great it rained when we went and conditions were poor, but we keep saying we will go back.... We are off to Vancouver, Sun Peaks, Silver Star and Whistler in feb. Phone signal is poor once you are out range of a town.
We have been flagged down to help collapsed truck drive he was unwell. So got out of the cab and lay down just in front of the truck waving at cars as they approached. They stopped and stopped very one else passing until he found first aiders, nurse, doc, by the time the ambulance arrived a full history had been taken the driver was warm and had extra water and some sugar just in case, his truck had been locked, family and his boss called only in Canada!!Eh.! Another time we helped to stop traffic whilst a car was pushed back on the road. Enjoy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a sex shop in Revelstoke that apparently was voted best sex shop in BC in 2008. So it must be worth, err, a drive by or something?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Revelstoke... well there is a big sex shop, I think I have a photo of it somewhere so it must have stood out. There's also the "folk dancing" of course. Other entertainment includes bowling at The Cabin, or the local ice hockey.

Right now, you'll be fine anywhere out here. I'm up above Kamloops, but the snow machine is "on" and we're getting around 25cms a day at the moment, with temperatures around minus 10. I hear Whistler's doing well too, better than for a handful of years.

I would look at the precise weather conditions and chase it. Revelstoke "is in the right place" for good snow, but check conditions in advance. The roads are all passable, albeit with some care. You will see vehicles crashed here and there and you should expect to be driving on snow. Leave lots of space, drive gently. The highway cameras are here: http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/www/index-Northern.html

Tips... well the days are short, so get it whilst it's light. Bear in mind that most of the riding here is not "On the piste", it's "anywhere you like inbounds". Most of the places you listed there are relatively simple small places. Whistler is different, more like a European destination resort.

If you go to Whistler there are two RV Parks, one of which I run the website for http://whistlerrvpark.com/ and which the operations manager Gord also runs Powder Mountain Catskiing out of Whistler. The other RV park is also good and is close to the expensive but mega hot tub place just north of whistler. I've not tried it this year, but sometimes their cafe does the best breakfast in Whistler and it's tourist free. In whistler some of the car parks are pay, so do your research and find out where to park for free (it's usually the furthest park from the lifts). Bear in mind that pretty much everything in Whistler is owned by "the resort" and so supermarkets etc are all relatively expensive. If you need to buy stuff and care, then other places are cheaper. In Whistler, the traffic is going to be bad on the Sea To Sky on Friday night/ Sunday night, and can be busy any day in the wrong direction at peak time if there's snow on the highway. Note that you can drive north from Whistler over the Duffy Lake road if you're heading to Kamloops (Sun Peaks is good now, and you can drive south from there). Otherwise getting to Whistler forces you back to Vancouver which isn't optimal. Whistler will be a start contrast to those other places.

Yesterday I was riding 75cms fresh on a 3m or so base... if you jumped into it you sank about shoulder deep. You want to have or to hire some powder specific gear in those conditions.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy