Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help identifying sunglasses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I often ski hatless with sunglasses, unfortunately, unless they are tight to my face I suffer from streaming eyes. In the recent BBC documentary on avalanches, one of the Grindelwald ski patrol (Martin Mathys) was filmed dropping explosives to initiate avalanches. I noticed that the sunnies he was wearing fitted very neatly - see picture below.

I have hunted through a number of websites trying to identify them, without success. Does any snowhead have any idea of what make/model they are perchance?

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These or similar
http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/product.php/40/polarized-ski-goggles-polarised-sunglasses
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@deerman, I don't recognize them as anything from one of the major brands. Also, just because they fit him perfectly, it doesn't mean that they will work for you Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
According to this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=124370&highlight=helmet+sunglasses&start=80:

Belch wrote:
Here are the current official headwear embarrassement ratings, as regulated by those who care . . .

Beanie + Shades (arms on the outside) = Cool
Beanie + Shades (arms on the inside) = Embarassed
Shades with neoprene/adjustable straps = Embarassed

I consider this the bible of headwear combos.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some Rudy Project sunglasses have that shape. There are a few brands, including Rudy Project, that have sunglasses which you can add an adapter to make a better seal around the face. Might be useful for you if you suffer from watering eyes. Something like this?

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Those seem to have the bottom frame with a small lip to help seal out air coming in at the outer edges which could influence the sealing you're after.

I can't see those anywhere I've looked but Smith "slider" appear similar in layout and have various lens options too, so maybe worth a look for you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@deerman, Not sure what those ones are - but if you want something to keep 'wind' out of your eyes, google these

Bolle Traverse : Adidas Elevation : Julbo Dolgan :: at the cheap end - Sinner Transformer
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@albob, Many thanks for that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy