Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Airport - 1 January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All,

My wife must have had a perfect night's sleep as the first sentence she uttered this AM is "shall we go skiing for 3-4 days in the first week of January?" ... our kids don't go back to school until the 9th ...

We already have trips to Val d'Isere and Ischgl / St Anton booked for later this season.

I don't want to commit to a resort just yet (please refer to the Weather thread) but would like to book our flights today - easiest airport to get to from Manchester is Geneva (particularly for a short trip) - does this preclude some of the Italian resorts like Sauze who seem to be faring pretty well at the moment? Or can we still get to them from GVA without too much hassle? Turin's a bit of a pain for us ...

Any thoughts?

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd do Geneva, hire a car and head through the Mont Blanc tunnel to Aosta valley. Courmayeur and Pila both look in good condition at the moment and certainly more wintry that the north French resorts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monterosa also in good condition, pistes at least...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both - booked very cheap flights to GVA just now, 2 adults + 2 kids = £240.

Aosta valley very appealing, will have car so may travel around too.

Merry Christmas.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Let us know how you get on. We're booked to come out at the end of January and have booked to stop in Saint Gervais. Hopefully it'll have snowed by then but if not and there's snow in Aosta it might need a commute through the tunnel for a day to vary the days depending on how much is open in Evasion MB.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi @bigtuboflard,

We are in Gressoney now (actually staying at a lovely / small hotel up the valley in Staffal).

Hired car at GVA - flight landed at 10AM, we were having pizza and a well deserved beer at Chamonix 2.5 hours later. Drive up here very straightforward even though I found the multiple tunnels on the Aosta motorway quite tiring / uninspiring. MB tunnel not busy.

Snow here surprisingly good but it's extremely busy - I'm sure it will be much quieter by the time you come out.

Keep an eye on the Weather thread - it will snow soon (because we are in Val at February HT)!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy