Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice about Les Menuires lift geography

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip in the third week of March with a bunch of friends - we're looking at staying in Les Menuires.

One option is a place in Le Hameau des Marmottes. It's at square B5 in the map here: http://media.lesmenuires.com/2015/12/plan-station-les-menuires-hiver.jpg
The piste map is here: http://media.lesmenuires.com/2015/11/plandes3valleeshiver2015_2016.pdf

I'm trying to get a sense for how easy it is to get up into the main Val Thorens ski area from here. It looks like we would ski down to the bottom of Tortollet lift, then from the top of Tortollet maybe we can get across to the bottom of Roc 1 (or is that a hassle?), and then from the top of Roc 1 we have a lot of choices of where to ski down to. So it will take 3 lifts or so to get started?

Staying up in the Reberty area looks more convenient? (but harder to find a place that suits us....)

Any advice about how it all joins up would be very gratefully received!

cheers,

James
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi James

You will indeed need to start your day on the Tortollet lift. From the top of that you need to ski down to the bottom of the Menuires chair (about a min on skis). Up that one and ski over to the Les Bruyeres gondola. Take that lift (staying on through the mid station) to arrive at the Mont De La Chambre. From there you can access VT directly. Alternative is once off the Menuires chair take the Mont De La Chambre chair which starts literally at the top of the Menuires chair to ultimately arrive at the same place for direct access to VT.

Griggs
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@parigi, Why go to Val Thorens? La Masse and the combe du Vallon have much better skiing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
See above
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @Griggs!

@johnE, @Norrin Radd: indeed, good point, I was being a bit loose and didn't mean to restrict to VT - basically looking for a feel of how long it will take us to get into good areas when we get started in the morning. Although we'd be there for a week, so I'm sure we will explore in all directions.

So reasonable summary?: this is somewhat less well placed than Reberty? (but just needs a couple more lifts in the morning)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would look a bit harder at Reberty.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

Reberty or Les Bruyeres areas of Les Menuires would be better places to stay. I have hired apartments in the Carlines apartment building in Les Bruyeres on three occasions. Little on the small side but for ski convenience hard to beat. Les Bruyeres gondola a 2 min walk and an easy ski down to the Doron Chair that brings you up to just above La Croisette where you can ski down to the Menuires chair mentioned above. La Masse gondola also accessed the same way - ski down underneath the Toblerone bridge in Les Bruyeres and you will come to the La Masse gondola first with the Doron chair just behind it.

As others say jumping on the first lift up La Masse at 9.00 is great. Not such a skied area for those outside Les Menuires so first thing in the morning you can be cruising wonderful groomed pistes on your own pretty much.

Griggs
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've stayed at the hameau before. Good apts and no problems accessing the whole 3V
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed there 3 years ago, not bad. Think it was, at that time, a 2 minute walk to the nearest piste.

Down that and up in the chair to Croisette and then, as they say, the mountain is yours.

A couple of ways to VT, either up from Croisette and then Mont de la Chambre all the way. This would be my preferred route from your starting point or down from Croisette, Reberty lift and then Bruyeres cabins.

I try and go with chairs so there isn't so much faffage with skis. Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy