Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet snowboard / ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@ster, oops - indeed apologies to @zikomo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@holidayloverxx, @ster, Indeed I was!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Speak to customer services in advance and screenshot their response. After a bit of back and forth, I just got them to confirm that ski boots would be fine in a hold bag with clothes and other items. I then pushed it to skis as well and was told as long as within weight and dimensions, all fine.

Not cheating the system if they say I can. I'm not wasting extra money on sports equipment charge.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In yesterday's Observer:
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-observer/20190519/282651803944871
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle wrote:
In yesterday's Observer:
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-observer/20190519/282651803944871

I love the “other skiers may save money by booking on rival airlines who are transparent about their policy” Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So what's the consensus here? haha

I'm assuming, to be entirely safe: (1) you can pay for only sports luggage and put your regular luggage in there with your ski gear and be fine, assuming it's within weight. (2) you may be able to get away with putting ski gear in your "regular" luggage, but may be asked to pay extra, depending on which moron is at the desk?

Booking flights to the alps for two trips this winter from Manchester. Trying to choose between Jet2 and EasyJet. Can't find specific prices on either website for winter luggage unless I have already booked flights and want to add stuff on. Does anyone know what they charge for each leg of the trip? Would help me to make my decision.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, new here but finding it really useful. However, I can’t find an answer to my issue.

I’ve 2 trips planned (same destination) and decided to get myself some skis and daughter snowboard. My issue is that if I try to add a ski bag, EJ want to charge me to bring it back….I I’m leaving them there for my second trip and want to bring them back on my final (4th) flight.

Only was I can book is out & return on both trips Eh oh! Eh oh!Eh oh! ️.

Can I turn up at Manchester and just add them, also same in Sofia on my return from second trip ?

Don’t fancy paying for ski bags if they are staying in the resort whilst I come back for a week.

Cheers
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Andycuk7 I have the same issue with skis on my 2 trips - one next week and another to the same resort end of Feb. Flying next week and driving out in Feb. Plan was to leave my skis in resort and drive them back in Feb. Easyjet told me that 'one way ski carriage' can only be booked at at check in at the airport and they couldn't give me any indication of price other than it would cost more at the airport. I uumed and aahed and in the end booked ski carriage return for £74 as didn't want to be in a situation where 1 - I was paying maybe £60 plus one way and 2. I guess they could say 'the plane is full and no room for skis that have not been pre booked'.

As you are flying on both trips then you have a slightly different dilemma in terms of cost vs assurance
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Andycuk7, @charliesimpson, was there any cost benefit to book return flights instead of single journeys?

am sure you used to get a discount (of sorts) if booking a return fare on any form of transport, but have found recently that it does not seem to apply anymore.

I now just book single journeys, if I can, on any journeys I make, Eurotunnel/Eurostar/ferry and flights etc.

i know it may be too late, but this way you could have just booked the luggage on the outbound and inbound leg that you needed to
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As @terrygasson, that is the answer. EasyJet flights are costed per sector and there is no benefit to booking return flights. In this scenario in the future just book the two flights separately. The only potential downside is the return flight will likely be changed in the currency of the country it is departing from, but that will not change the actual cost.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@zikomo, you can choose your currency in the app - top right, currency settings - default is start point currency, but you can choose £ (or Zloty, if you prefer).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy