Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paradiski Report Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This thread acts as a feedback thread for the Resort Reports relating to the Paradiski domain, currently:

La Plagne (January 2005)
Les Arcs (January 2005)
Les Arcs 1800 (March 2005)
Peisey-Vallandry (January 2005)

So comment away...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Ian - a bit more on La Plagne...
Quote:
Champagny is my favourite area if the snow is good, and it is generally quiet over there

The slopes on the Champagny side of LP are south facing so particularly late season, when things can be a bit hard and icy in the mornings, they soften quickest. Great views too over towards Courchevel. There's an excellent red served by a fast 6 packer chair called Borsellier and they often leave an unpisted mogul field alongside part of it if that's your scene. Loads of good blues but some are served by drags. Then as the day wears on if the runs get slushy, hop back over into the main part of the resort for the north and west facing runs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peisey Vallandry
France
Paradiski
Martin Nicholas & 15 mates
20th January 2006 for 5 days skiing 1st to last lift
A middle aged blokes trip
Accommodation Our website
LHR to Lyon, car to Hotel La Tourmaline in Aime Friday night, car to the resort Sat am good valley hotel for a crash before hitting the hire shop at 8.15 on Sat am.
Favourite pistes change each year, last year Bois de L'Ours, this year Tuffes, Les Bosses and of course the Mont Blanc. Didn't ski Rouelles this year but they are my favourite bumps in soft snow.
Not very deep squeaky cold snow with crust in places off piste, generally better in La Plagne
No off piste this year - Avalanche risk and rocks last year we skied off the right side of the lift system to Nancroix past a chapel on the mountain - great run in deep snow.
Peisey is very quiet - 2 smokey bars, 2 restaurants, charming but home grown entertainment a must
Food : Best mountain restaurant - Belliou La Funee at Pre St. Espirit, seconded by Chalet des Arcs qat 1950, closely followed by the much improveed Siollet on the way down to Villaroger
Accommodation Chalet Himalaya - Cathy and Mark provide a superb service about 20% cheaper and 20% better than any alpine operator I have stayed with in the last 20 years, although Ski Peak in Vaujany push them hardest
Costs: £310 for a weeks D, B&B, fine wines, make your own transport and entertainment
Conclusion: Going again next year - its already booked!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy