Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this the worst ever start to a European ski season?

Poster: A snowHead
@AthersT, but if you're selective about them that it's completely pointless surely?! I mentioned those countries because you have Greece there, so why not its neighbours
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@moseyp, I'm not being selective - the blobs I added are the only ones I know, as I'm not doing the research as I am at work. Do your own if you have a problem! Sure your name isn't Noseyp??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AthersT, calm down! I'm not asking you to do the research, I just don't understand why you would do it at all if it doesn't actually represent anything?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold wrote:
St Anton having not a single major snowfall,

We did, in November before the lifts open!!

And I predict the next big dump will be end of April when the resort is closed.

A repeat of last season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not been at all épic here this season. Snow and pistes have held up pretty well but it gets a bit tedious when you're here all the time. Suspect I'll ski at least 10% less days than last year which also wasn't great.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stanton, its coming....?

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Claude B, I'm in Les Deux Alpes this weekend, what's it like first thing in the morning - melt/freeze?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@moseyp, Yep although the snow is pretty consistent higher where it doesn't melt. Beautiful on the glacier today.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes,
Quote:

I don't know what it is but when you suggest conditions in someone's favourite resort have been sub-optimal you often get a reaction like you've just knocked up their sister/daughter

I've been to three of my favourite places this year so far. 3V at Christmas/NY, Mayrhofen/Zillertal late Jan, and PDS mid March. They were all rubbish. I sincerely discourage anybody from going to these places at those times of year in future. I'll be in Tignes a week on Saturday. Nobody should go there then either as it'll also be rubbish.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Claude B, good I'll try higher up if I can. Last two weeks where I am has been grim, more "last week of season" conditions than end of March
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
All the stats you'll ever need for snow in Sweden here https://www.smhi.se/klimatdata/meteorologi/sno

But basically, compared to the snow depths to the previous six seasons, it was a good start early December, average middle, and looking very good for the end of the season.

Off to Hemavan/Tärnaby in southern lapland on Sunday. Still well into minus temperatures throughout the day, and forecast for some snow from Sunday night Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quick look at SkiStar website seems to suggest that Are had an average season, but looking good towards the end of the season. Seems to have been really grim in Hemsedal until half way through the season, but picked up in the last few weeks. Trysil has not had much snow, but on-piste depths of snow look OK compared to recent years.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@moseyp, how can you expect last week of March on Aril 6?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, last two weeks
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last two weeks of March more similar to last week of season which isn't 6th April, it's 10th - 17th
snow report
@moseyp, ???
ski holidays
The last two weeks of March in my (north facing) resort, the snow is usually rather good before lunchtime. After that it gets slushy, the usual spring conditions. By the second or third week of April it's basically unskiable even first thing in the morning, like glue.

This year, the end of March has been more like the end of season - even first thing in the morning conditions haven't been great. I haven't checked but I suspect it's been a few degrees warmer than previous years.

@under a new name
latest report
Conditions when I left Les Saisies a few days ago had been like the end of season (not till 22 April) for a couple of weeks.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Conditions when I left Les Saisies a few days ago had been like the end of season (not till 22 April) for a couple of weeks.

and les Saisies hasn't been too bad from what I've heard. Around Grenoble we did autumn, a week of winter, spring. We're not even going to order wood next year we've so much left over.
latest report
Quote:

les Saisies hasn't been too bad from what I've heard

no, it hasn't. Much of the skiing has been open much of the time, though lower areas in the Arly Valley are very denuded for the time of year (I've skied in Flumet on closing day in the past when it was covered in snow). The last fall of snow melted on exposed areas with impressive speed.
snow report
@moseyp, I am reasonably sure it's been warmer this year. Forecast for23C in Geneva today. Which is lovely and I har my shorts out, but unhelpful snow wise.

We only have Easter weekenk left anyway so there we go.
ski holidays
Had some great skiing yesterday at Flachau. Runs still open right down to the bottom but you have to avoid a few muddy patches as you get close to the valley floor. Great snow higher up, and brilliant poor man's powder after lunch.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy