Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meet the 'inventor of snow' - British snowmaking pioneer, Malcolm Clulow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Financial Times has honoured British snowmaking expert Malcolm Clulow with a substantial feature on his successes in Dubai, Madrid, the UK and elsewhere. With a background in refrigeration engineering he was well placed to field this knowledge when interest in indoor snow skiing began in the late 1980s.

Malcolm Clulow and friends, at the original Telford 'World of Snow' building (opened 1989, now closed)
Photo: Acer Snowmec http://www.acersnowmec.co.uk

The article - click here - has one or two inaccuracies, but it contains some interesting detail on how Ski Dubai was conceived.
Quote:
... when Majid al Futtaim, a Dubai property developer, contacted him, Clulow found himself with a project on an altogether different scale to anything he’d faced before. “Majid al Futtaim is a skiing fanatic who goes to the US where he skies off-piste,” says Clulow. “Jeff Rosseley, the head of development of the ski dome, and his wife were also black run skiers, so they had a certain skiing ethic in mind.”

Both Majid al Futtaim and Rosseley insisted on several different grades of ski run, going from left to right, on a mountain where one wouldn’t be able to see the bottom from the top.

If you've any questions for Malcolm Clulow I'll see if I can get him to register as a snowHead. Maybe he can be persuaded to predict the kind of indoor snow projects we'll see in future.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy