Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski backpack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I want to buy a backpack for skiing, i want it to be not too big(20-26L) but include: a ski carry (A or diagonal), and helmet carry, and as much water resistance.
I did my research and basically came up with those brands: Osprey, BlackDiamond, Dakine.
Can you recommend me on a skii pack?
I have thought about Osprey Kamber 22 or Kode 22.
I have read that the Osprey Kamber series is basically the same as the Osprey Kode, but newer. What do you think is better, and which of them should i buy, or maybe should I buy another pack?
Thanls in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@beny992, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

The critical thing with any backpack is the fit, particularly if you are going to carrying skis. Unless the pack is secure on your back, every step will cause the skis and pack to swing. A frame carry is generally more stable, so if you intend to carry skis for long periods, I would make that your priority.

Osprey, BD and Dakine all make good packs, so you won't go far wrong with any of them, but you really need to try them on, as some of them like the Kamber come in 2 sizes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take a look at Ortovox too. Amazing packs of all sizes, and find them to be more robust than Dakine personally
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks you very much. What do you think in general on Black Diamond brand and specific Black Diamond Dawn Patrol 25?
Thanks again
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
another vote for Ortovox
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check out the range from Mammut too. The Nirvana and Ride for example is very robust and comfortable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Love my Ortovox too
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Osprey Kode works well for me, but it does have a lot of straps so would benefit from some surgery to reduce the flappy bits. The newer version looks a little more streamlined but otherwise the same. A frame carry is pretty stable, and the bag is comfortable. It is not the easiest to open/close though, because of all the straps.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for ortovox, well designed for skiing and the built in back protector is the deal clincher
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ian Kenvyn wrote:
+1 for ortovox, well designed for skiing and the built in back protector is the deal clincher

They're not the only brand doing built in back protectors.

I like Ortovox bags as much as the next person, I think their Freerider bag is probably the most sensible design in terms of shape, pocket layout etc of any ski bag I've seen.

I have a Scott because I thought the Alpride airbag system was better than the ABS system, and again it has a very sensible design.

One thing for the OP to perhaps consider is whether this is the time to buy an Airbag system? If you're going to buy the bag anyway, it can work out cheaper in the long run to buy an airbag equipped one now, then remove the airbag if you're not using it; than to buy an expensive ski bag now and then buy an airbag pack later on. You'll be buying the fundamental backpack part, twice.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy