Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flachau

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know what Flachau is like to stay in?
We have skied the area several times staying in Wagrain or St Johan but would like to try Flachau.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@spenney, it's a good place to stay. A little less traditional looking than Wagrain, but bit livelier.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@spenney, hopefully Holidayloverxx will be along at some point; she has an apartment there
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spent one night there on a short break a few years back. There was loads of snow and the village had a nice atmosphere. Fair selection of places to eat and drink too. Loved the ski area.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello...how can i help? Specific questions please
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks.
Best Apres? Restaurants? Bars? Any queues to avoid? Is it easy and worthwhile to visit other resorts not linked.
We would be using public transport.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apres...dampfkessel at the bottom of the space jet. Umbrella var ir herzerlalm bottom of achterjet.
Restaurants...essgalerie, zum holzwurm, possruck, hoagaast... for posh nosh. Jagdhof and Schnitzel Eck for cheaper options.

G link over to wagrain...halfway down the flying Mozart run. Post Bus to flachauwinkl and zauchensee. Easy and worthwhile.

Queues not really...achterjet first thing but once you are up no problem. Yesterday...one if the busiest days of the year was about 15 mins.

Im writing this from tbe musistadl...live music every night from 9pm.

Anything else just ask
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Holidayloverxx.Do you know any taxi company's in Flachau that might collect us at Salzburg airport .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chick, huber reisen. €50 each return in a shared minibus. Book online in advance
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Holisdayloverxx.Thanks.
Our return flights are from Munich so ill send them an email.
I think we used them before when we went to Schladming.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking at €300 one way for Munich for a 9 seater bus.
There are plenty of public transport options. Plus flixbus now offer really well priced bus routes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Trains are pretty easy and very cheap from Radstadt or Schladming to Munich. Book online at Deutsche Bahn website (which has an English language option). Tip is to change at Munich Ostbahnhof rather than Hauptbahnhof, it's much smaller and you shouldn't even need to change platform.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Taxi to radstadt should be €24 for up to 4 people. I have never done the train...i don't like lugging my luggage around and the faff of changing but thats just me.

One way from salzburg with huber is €26 per person
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the help.
holidayloverxx I think we met NY eve and got the info in person. Unless there is someone else with an apartment there from Chelmsford.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ha ha...i was going to ask if you were a snowhead!
snow conditions
Really good food and service (and iffy 80's playlist) had last week at the Ofenturl. Its at the base of Flachauwinkl, across the road from Highliner 1 lift station. Highly recommended for good Austrian nosh.
snow report
@Double Bombardino, ange told us about it today. Sorry to have missed you
ski holidays
Anyone in Flachau on Saturday who fancies a ski about? I am out here, head back to uk on Sat evening but am seeking a piste buddy for the day if poss.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 12-01-17 7:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@SteveM, I wish!
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, quick question. Just booked 3 wagons to move my mob of 18 from Munich to Flachau. All come with Winter Tyres but was wondering if we *might* get caught out without chains, because chain rental for a week is about half the cost of hiring the van!
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, i just hired from Buchbinder at salzburg and chains are in tbe boot. Hired from Munich at new year and there were no chains. Unless you are staying up a hill or planning to drive up a mountain you wont need chains. If you feel you want them buy sone at the services or a supermarket
latest report
I don't think so - thanks @holidayloverxx, We'll have to arrange to meet you for a beer when we're in town (11.2 - 18.2)
snow report
@Richard_Sideways,
This is Austria, not France. Civilization wink
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, siery.i won't be there. I leave on 21st jan and back on 4th march
snow conditions
@musher, Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Naughty!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy