Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute Xmas advice please! Borovets solo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at a last minute , my fist time booking alone and first time travelling alone so no one to lean on for experience!

I'm really limited due to travelling alone and most companies not keen on solo skiiers, however I have a couple of option I've norrowed down, Borovets is coming in at a good price currently, and have teed up a good deal for a complete package. With an option to Ski and get some improver coaching (almost 2 weeks experience) or beginner on a board.

The other option that I may have is Val d or Les Arcs with Alpine elements in a catered challet both have some really good prices on over xmas, and if I can talk them out of the single supplement fee it's a real option.. albeit£200 odd more expensive but two days longer.

Aside from the odd day in Scotland the past 2 years, the only alpine trip Ive made previous has been to Oberstorf in march 14 where I learned to ski for a week and absolutely loved it.

Is Boro worth the trip? the advantages aside from costs are that I will gain a bit more improver instruction, and/or learn to board with the option to hire out the other for a bit of a play at a good price.

Whereas Val D or Les Arcs I'll have a bit more time on the snow, and hopefully pick up fairly quickly from where I left off if a bit behind,

There seems to be a fair but of experience here, so I welcome your opinions.

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would say it's all down to the snow [blfcrik[/b] - I'm sure you could have a good time wherever you go, depending on snow conditions/extent of skiing available. I was in the Haute Savoie last week (see my 3 Vallees and Espace Killy trip report) - and snow conditions were really pretty good above 2000m in Val D'Isere. So that and nearby Les Arcs would be a decent option.

You'd probably also enjoy the conviviality of a catered chalet - (usually) good food, good company - and free wine to boot.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My last minute advise is to go to the USA. Ski one of the Vail Resorts. They are forecast to continue getting lots of snow. But that's just my opinion...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy