Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Japanese ski resort is tense, as Australians flex financial muscle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Niseko is a resort on the Japanese north island of Hokkaido which enjoys exceptional snowfall every winter. It's become a popular destination for Australian skiers, and Australian entrepreneurs are seizing golden opportunities.

As one of them put it:

"Niseko has a resource that is the equivalent of oil; that's snow. There is less and less snow in the world but here we get 14 metres a year and there is always fresh powder."

The pressure to build accommodation and open new businesses is stressing the resort, with some concern that Japanese values and culture are being compromised.

This report by Deborah Cameron from The Age, Melbourne.

Anyone been to Niseko?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to Niseko. The comment re: snow is 100% correct. It's also seriously cold. The wind whips across the island of Hokkaido from Siberia .... the sea is so cold that the crabs have evolved a layer of hair to keep them warm.

I notices the other week in some magazine or other (Fall Line maybe?) an advert for apartments in Niseko at rather attractively affordable prices (in relative terms, of course).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy