Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Norrøna Lofoten Hard shell jacket sizing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone have any experience with the Lofoten jackets?

I am probably between the small and medium. I like my jackets to be slightly, but not too, baggy.

I ordered the medium, love the sizing bar the arm lengths. If I open the cuff it almost completely covers my hand. With the cuff done up to gloves or my hand it is fine, but it obviously rides up my arm.

The small has a couple of cm off of the arms so not a dramatic reduction, but it is a little bit too tight and restrictive on my body with full layering.

Will the cuffs be a problem? I am only asking such a pithy question because I don't drop £500 on a jacket every season. Any thoughts? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jamieware, I have Lofoten jackets in medium, and I'm a slim 6ft, with fairly long arms. Aside from matching the Nordic build, I'm sure the long arms are a design feature to stop sleeves pulling when you raise your arms. I would much prefer slightly baggy sleeves to my sleeves pulling.

I guess to some extent how baggy the sleeves look depends on whether you wear the cuff over or under your glove. Either way, if you use the wrist/thumb gaiter you will get a good seal.

The sleeves on my medium Arcteryx Sidewinder jacket are the same length, so it is nothing unusual.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks, that's a really good point!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also have a Lofoten jacket in medium, and sometimes fall between small and medium in Norrona sizing. I like the relatively long sleeves. The asymmetric cut on the cuff means it's out of the way on the palm side so never gets in the way, and with wrist garter inside glove - glove - cuff over glove they're totally weather proof.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awesome! Really appreciate your advice.

Now to sort out some appropriate base layers.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy