Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hard or soft helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is it best to have a hard helmet, or do some people prefer soft helmets? What are the pros and cons with regards to the protection of your skull?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A hard helmet will give better protection, as long as it is manufactured to the appropriate BS/EN/ISO standards.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bigtipper, I risky subject on any skiing forum Shocked

By soft helmets I assume you mean those designed to take multiple hits, rather than 3DO based beanies.

'Soft' helmets like the Giro Combyn are designed to absorb the multiple minor/medium hits in the park or pipe, that are a part of learning. Whereas hard helmets are more of the true crash protection for someone who isn't going to hit the ground on a daily basis.

http://www.giro.com/eu_en/snow/mens/snow-helmets/combyn-8.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The soft Shell helmets like Giro Combyn and Discord (squashy foam under flexible shell) are designed to take repeated impacts, whereas a hard shell helment (rigid EPS foam under a shell) should be replaced after each impact. If you are mostly in the park, soft shell would be better I think. Elsewhere hard shell probably works better.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy