Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers to Les Contamines Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm putting something together for later this season, and Les Contamines is an option.

Anyone got sensible suggestions on transfers? Likely to be 2-4 of us, so private transfers working out pretty expensive right now compared to other resorts a similar distance from GVA.

TIA.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think any of the "Transfer Companies" run regular routes to LC, certainly they didn't when we lived there so shared transfers don't really happen which is why they're not as cheap as say getting on one of the 20/40? Cham/morz express buses to Chamonix/Morzine.

The cheapest way we found was to get a bus to ST Gervais (alpybus??) and then lift/taxi up.

Failing that I think you'll be looking at private Transfer or hire car.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Digger the dinosaur, with 4 people renting a car should be a really good option. Or even 2 or 3 people.

Some of the best resorts aren't on the "mass transfer" list. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Digger the dinosaur, there is a regular bus service from GVA to Saint Gervais, Ouibus runs 1 every 2 hours direct, 25 euro each way. they may continue up to Les C or get a taxi from StG
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bus timetable GVA to Les Contamines here:
http://medias.lescontamines.com/documents/horaires_SAT_hiver14.pdf

The service isn't frequent though.
We tend to hire a car or book a private transfer. With 4 people, either should not be too bad.
Another option which I haven't yet tried is to get one of the many minibus services to Chamonix to drop you off at Le Fayet railway station (minor detour off autoroute) from where there is a frequent cheap bus services to Les Contamines (via St Gervais).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy