Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski - "Your Account System Down"

Poster: A snowHead
Yea what's thrown me a little is Crystal saying that I must pre book my lift pass at least 3 days in advance - at that stage I may not know the resort walk up price.

However this surely can't be true as presumably Crystal will be trying their hardest to still sell lift passes on the transfer bus for those people who still haven't bought one yet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You're absolutely correct @mikeycharlton, the 3 day thing is just a ruse to instil a fear of missing out. Given that the snow conditions are looking decidedly dodgy I would not, in your shoes, buy anything until you get there and get an idea of exactly what you get for your money.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had already printed them off earlier but have received an email from Crystal this morning with flight tickets attached in PDF format for travel on Saturday 17th.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unless Crystal have a special deal on there is no real benefit to buying ahead, generally I will buy in resort and get a 7 day pass to get in an extra half day.

This year there was a buy one get one half price so did go for it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I booked the lift passes at the time of the holiday, only reason was they had a offer on where you got free ski carriage which saved us £80.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chrisrawles wrote:
I booked the lift passes at the time of the holiday, only reason was they had a offer on where you got free ski carriage which saved us £80.

That's the best way to do it if conditions are good but will they be offering you a part refund if most of the lifts are closed?

I have no idea when or where you are going by the way.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mikeycharlton, I'm going to Les Arc so its high enough not to have too many concerns about the lifts. However I do know what your saying. I looked in to lift pass refunds once and I'm sure this only applies in certain circumstances. Others on here will be able to answer this better.

December is always a gamble. Book high is all you can do. If the snow is crap high up then everywhere else will be the same if not worse.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Crystal have just emailed me:

Hi there,
Attached are your travel documents for your ski trip.
Please read them carefully - especially the check-in advice - and take a copy on holiday with you.
We're sorry that you haven't received these earlier, we've been having technical issues with the account section of our website.

See you on the mountain soon.

The Crystal Ski Holidays Team

However. There is no attachment rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@KennyEverett, WTF - total incompetence...and you're paying their wages Puzzled

You couldn't make it up...I would send them a stroppy email telling them what you think Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Same: no attachment!
Rang again-another 20mins wait, 'this has happened to a number of customers ' -no hint of an apology! but will message to resend email. Still ok to turn up with invoice only. (If that's the case why bother emailing tickets?) Was however a cheap price to Val D so can't really complain!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very Happy I can't be arsed chasing them any more. We'll just turn up with a copy of the invoice and I'm sure it will all be fine.

We got a really cheap trip to Zell am See and the snow is reasonable. We've stayed in the same hotel before so provided they don't screw up the transfer (again rolling eyes ) we know we are in for a great time. Even if they mess up the lift passes I'll just buy more and argue the toss with them later.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@KennyEverett, pardon the stupid question, but are you viewing the email on a phone or tablet? I had the same email today without any sign of an attachment - but just opened it on our pc and the PDF flight ticket was there.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mikeycharlton wrote:
Do Crystal still make the same effort to transport you to a nearby resort that DOES have snow regardless of whether you bought your lift pass through them or directly with the resort?

Problem with buying a lift pass directly from the resort is that even if Crystal transport you somewhere else your lift pass won't work there.

At least with Crystal you know that if you've bought the lift pass with them and they take you to a nearby resort, your lift pass will work there.

The answer to your question is on this page:

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/our-policies/terms-and-conditions/important-info/

which by my interpretation means that you'd be paying for both the transport to and your lift pass in the other resort anyway.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mikeycharlton wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
mikeycharlton wrote:
@snowymum, £206 is just Crystal's standard adult 6 day Grand Massif pass - assuming 'most' lifts are open.

Which is more expensive than if you walked up to the lift pass office and resort and bought a full price lift pass at today's exchange rate, never mind the possibility of any discount Happy

Wrong. A walk up GM 6 day pass is 246euro.

Really? Are they charging more than the online price for a walk up GM pass? (which is 244euros including the card).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chrisdavis wrote:
@KennyEverett, pardon the stupid question, but are you viewing the email on a phone or tablet? I had the same email today without any sign of an attachment - but just opened it on our pc and the PDF flight ticket was there.

Phone and Macbook mate. I thought it might be a phone issue so checked with the Macbook. Still no joy. The thing is they emailed my invoice over again yesterday and the attachment was there on both devices. As I said I'm gonna stop sweating the small stuff now. Here's to the skiing snowHead
latest report
@sugarmoma666, thanks for the link, I shall have a read.

With regards to the lift pass. Well if you could actually get a rate of 1.19 euro's to the pound then yes, you might save yourself £1 on a 6 day pass by buying in resort. Anything below 1.19 and the crystal option becomes the cheaper one.
ski holidays
mikeycharlton wrote:
With regards to the lift pass. Well if you could actually get a rate of 1.19 euro's to the pound then yes, you might save yourself £1 on a 6 day pass by buying in resort. Anything below 1.19 and the crystal option becomes the cheaper one.

Halifax Clarity card - MasterCard exchange rates (1.19 euros to the pound today) with no fees or currency loading. Well worth having for overseas trips.
ski holidays
Also experienced message about website being down when trying to pay balance recently. Emailed to explain why we had not paid and got a reply back telling us alternative ways to pay - phone number to call 9 - 9 Mon to Thurs and 9 - 7 Fri and Sat and details of bank account to do online transfer. Booked ski hire and lift passes this time with them as Euro rates were dropping when we were booking in October and there was a deal on for ski hire.
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Halifax Clarity card - MasterCard exchange rates (1.19 euros to the pound today) with no fees or currency loading. Well worth having for overseas trips.

+1 Smile
snow report
@sugarmoma666, thanks. It's been 15 years since I had a credit card but this particular one seems worth it.
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:
I must admit, I always just assume these days that if I hand over my passport at check-in, their computer system will pick up my booking. At the most you may need a reference number.

That is generally true, your passport is usually enough. I've always taken the printed off tickets, but they don't always even look at those.
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
mikeycharlton wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
mikeycharlton wrote:
@snowymum, £206 is just Crystal's standard adult 6 day Grand Massif pass - assuming 'most' lifts are open.

Which is more expensive than if you walked up to the lift pass office and resort and bought a full price lift pass at today's exchange rate, never mind the possibility of any discount Happy

Wrong. A walk up GM 6 day pass is 246euro.

Really? Are they charging more than the online price for a walk up GM pass? (which is 244euros including the card).

The prices are exactly the same to the nearest £ at today's exchange rate according to XE.com
snow report
Managed to log into the app this morning.
latest report
I also have been for the first time logged in on the app but website still not working
snow report
Website Account Area still not working. Staff have no idea when it will be fixed rolling eyes
ski holidays
If you have an android or iPhone you can download tickets and vouchers etc via the app.
snow report
I was under the impression that the reason reps are so keen to sell lift passes is because lift companies give a free pass when a certain number are bought. I recall that in days gone by in one resort it was a free pass for every seven bought. Of course, this 'discount' was never passed on to the client.
ski holidays
Managed to phone and get documents emailed 2 hours before we had to leave for the airport.
Austrian air were ok and just took invoice info.
we had pre booked our lift passes and these were given to us on the transfer coach.
All gone smoothly but why offer documents etc. If invoice really is enough?.
No, i dont want an "APP" and another log in and pass word...plus my nokia doesn,t do APPs....
and yet people didn,t get there info even with an app....
otherwise holiday fine and we have snow....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Where have you gone to in Austria
latest report
Ischgl.
nice, loads of snow, but windy at the moment.
by Thursday wind should die down and sun is out so will get warmer.
snow conditions
Returned on Saturday from Val d' Isère with Crystal. Had a great holiday, excellent conditions, great Chalet and was really impressed with Crystal. Overall excellent value for money. I'm not aware of customers paying 5x the price using other operators having access to better skiing?! We did eventually receive the ticket so by email the day before travel. They were requested at Stansted but passports only at Chambéry.
ski holidays
I accessed my "Tickets" via the iOS app and the download was blank! I then accessed them via the Android app and they downloaded successfully as a .pdf via Google Drive. That .pdf was readable on iOS after being emailed. All a bit odd.

I was then emailed with another invoice (identical to the previous one). That appeared to have a .pdf attached but neither iPhone nor MacBook would show any content (all 4 pages were blank). So, I accessed it via Win7 and it showed the attachment as a .zip. I unzipped that and low and behold there was a .pdf there with a perfectly readable 4 pages of content. I then emailed that (unzipped) .pdf to my Apple stuff and got 4 blank pages, albeit with a couple of green lines on some pages.

I have no idea what Crystal's IT people are up to and I'm not sure they do either but at least I got my documentation - eventually.
ski holidays
I still can't access my tickets I no I am not flying in till 21st of Jan but going on the wording of the app I should be able to for a major tour operator having that part of there website down for wot is two months now is unacceptable and very unprofessional indeed
ski holidays
@jtr, @Beans Downloaded my tickets to my IPhone yesterday - all worked fine ?!? (not flying until the 28th Jan)
ski holidays
@albob, My tickets emails etc were a couple of weeks ago. It's great if it is all working now. I've printed copies in addition to the .pdfs just in case.
ski holidays
I've downloaded the tickets to two devices (iPhone/ipad) just in 'case' !! Very Happy
snow conditions
Got a iPad and iPhone both say when you paid in full and when's 28 days or less to the date when your holiday starts think it's time for a call to them again tomorrow and thanks for letting me now your traveling the week after so I no its not me being inpatient
snow conditions
We eventually got our 'Tickets' emailed to us a week before our flight without me having to contact them about it. It must be causing them lots of extra work.

On a different, but somewhat related note, a few days later, only 5 days before we were due to leave I got a phone call from Crystal informing me that our accommodation, that we booked in March, was "unavailable due to being overbooked by our suppliers (Pierre & Vacances)". Cue much panic as we checked out the alternative accommodation offered, in a different village, which wasn't ideal but as it turned out on phoning back was the only thing they could offer. No real alternative to take it despite the hassle of us trying to re-arrange our independently booked ski school lessons and ski hire (full marks to New Gen & Intersport for actually allowing us to do this).

In the end it was a good holiday but there's a strongly worded letter heading to Crystal Customer Services regarding the fiasco. Incidentally, it's amazing how one sided the tour ops contracts are i.e. you cancel a holiday with several weeks notice and you'll get no refund, they can cancel up to the day of departure with virtually no compensation (£40 per person). In fact, they don't even have to provide you the accommodation you book as long as they provide an 'equal alternative'.

Will seriously look at going independent next year as frankly whats the point using a tour op if they can't guarantee to supply you with what you spend hours deciding on.
latest report
I'm going this Saturday with Crystal and wasn't at all worried about no documents until I saw this thread! So I got the app and downloaded them, I've now had them emailed to me anyway so all good. TBH I would have just turned up at the airport without any paperwork as recently most holidays/flights just want the passports at check in.
snow report
I'm travelling on Sat 14th and my emailed tickets arrived today....both as an attachment and in the body of the email (in case the attachment wouldn't open).

@Ravelin

I think you were very unlucky....the upside of going with the likes of Crystal, is that they are responsible for you, provided you don't miss the initial flight.
A friend of mine, who went independently, got held up the year that the road got blocked heading from Tignes to Geneva. He missed his flight and had to book 6 more flights (plus accommodation), with an excess of about 50GBP each....whereas Crystal just organized more flights for their customers with no extra outlay.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy