Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeride Skis - Junior?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Schnee heads,

Daughter races, so has GS and SL race skis. I'm looking for recommendations for something for her to ski off piste though. Normal off piste conditions for western alps apply, occasional powder, crud, bumps, ice, moguls etc. She's roughly 166 cms tall, 14, and around 50-52 kg. Can anyone recommend me a respectable set of planks for her? Ideally something with a fair bit of stiffness in them but that can also provide respectable float... if she were fully grown this would be easier...this will be a christmas pressie i think so santa needs to get his act in gear pronto..

Ta for any thoughts!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got a pair of 162 Rossi saffron 7 (sort of women's soul 7 I think) nearly new. They are about 90mm waist, bit of rocker but enough sidecut to be fun on piste. My 13 year old boy was on them last year (when he was a bit lighter and shorter than your daughter - grown a chunk this year and filled out a bit but he is still a lean build) and he loved them. He doesn't race but he could and is a good technical skier. I apologised for the graphics but explained that at his weight men's skis wouldn't make much sense and in any case they would go to his younger sister before long. He is now almost exactly the same height and weight as your daughter and they will be great for him this year (though I'm sure he COULD go longer). The only question is whether his sister needs to move up in which case I'll be looking for something else - a last seasons deal on whitedot ones would be perfect!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
actually see these on classifieds board
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=128395
think these are actually slightly fatter model than the ones we but I'm sure they would be great and given your daughter already has piste skis...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They do look like they'd fit the bill. I'll have a mooch! tks v much. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy