Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2hrs from geneva

Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone, have got a small boys trip booked for mid jan.... decent skiers, want somewhere within 2 hour transfer of geneva with decent apres, i guess it lay, swiss or france..... thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morzine, less than an hour from GVA. If your flight is early enough you can be skiing before lunch with great access to Avoriaz and the rest of the PdS. Good night life, restaurants etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i did think about there, have skied the area but never stayed there..... cheers

keep em coming! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Verbier about 1.5 - 2hrs by car. Great skiing and great apres.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we were going to go back to verbier but decided against as there's openly 3 of us, also transfer is more like 3 hours.... and a it fiddly
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends on what's important to you but here's a jaded cynics guide to some resorts which may be worth a thought (OK it's that time of year for me so please excuse);

Chamonix - oh yeh dude the off piste is amazing yah, i found this absolootly amazing pow 10 days after the last fall, had to trek for like 7 hours and then dropped in and wow!

Megeve - admire the cougars in their fur!

Morzine - skegness on the snow

Flaine - Bauhaus is so architectural!

All are c1/1.5 hours, as are Les Carroz, Morillon, Samoens, St Gervais, Les Contamines, Les Gets and a host of other smaller french resorts.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@marcellus, Have you thought of taking prozac? wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@marcellus, Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
morzine then wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chamcham wrote:
@marcellus, Have you thought of taking prozac? wink

Daylight would be a bonus!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@marcellus, Let's hope it snows soon Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd seriously consider Morzine and Verbier and then go to Chamonix
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

also transfer is more like 3 hours.... and a it fiddly

Are you walking?

Done Verbier twice and the journey was less than 2hrs each way each time and quite straightforward from GVA. Probably on a bus or shared transfer may be a bit more.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Morzine is a good choice if you are against "the trek" wink to Verbier Toofy Grin . I quite like the sound of cougar watching in Megeve though Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marcellus wrote:
Chamonix - oh yeh dude the off piste is amazing yah, i found this absolootly amazing pow 10 days after the last fall, had to trek for like 7 hours and then dropped in and wow

Laughing This one got me caught "stealth browsing" at work! Laughing
latest report
Courmayeur
snow report
If you've not done Chamonix before its definitely worth doing. Good apres in the town, some very good skiing (though tracked out quicker than you can say Scandinavian seasonaire) and I'd say some of the best mountain scenery in which to ski. Anywhere. Not that cheap but can find some options to keep the costs down in terms of accommodation. MBC is great for food. Getting the bus to the lifts can be a bit of a pain but just build it in to the start and end of the day and its ok.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy