Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

weather forecasts and airbags

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Argentiere 16 to 21 Dec
Current Grand Montets Avi warning 1/5
Forecast goes as far as 20 Dec big suns, no snow, light winds, freezing level hovering around 2000m
There seems no point at all in packing my airbag so I'm minded to leave it at home (along with the WD Preachers) to save the hassle.
Does anyone else makes these judgments or to you just take it any way?

Obviously I can't not take my transceiver shovel and probe
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never found it any hassle taking it, especially to the alps. I just chuck mine in regardless - might not wear it when I'm there if conditions are as they are at present and I'm just skiing pistes, but at least I have the option if theblicking high suddenly decides to give in on day 4 of my trip!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's point having it if you don't use it?.

Will you leave transceiver behind also?

Not being facetious; I assume if risk was 4/5 you would choose routes that would make risk of being caught still extremely low despite risk for day. Or would having airbag encourage you to do riskier routes?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@peanuthead, I take your point that all these choices should be made against a background of risk awareness and management rather than making a blind decision to take it, in the way some folk may blindly take it and not bother to assess how dangerous a slope may be . If it was 2/5 and significant snow less than a month ago I would take it. As for transceiver - always good to have a practice first trip of the season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't predict when I may get caught in an avalanche so unless I'm skiing on-piste only (rare) I always carry my airbag, irrespective of the warning level........
Not much fresh around at present, but most resorts have had up to 2 metres of snow fall above 2000m
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just use mine for my carry on bag for flying anyhow so it doesn't really impact my luggage allowance.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@On the rocks, are you going off piste at all? If so take your equipment, if not then no need IMHO.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm there the same week, I'll be leaving mine at home.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@torquil, you're not by any chance the ace rock shoe resoler of Llanberis? I may bump into you in the Office
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The very same @On the rocks,
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
After chatting with mates decided to leave the ABS at home, and skis boots clothes and me too. Trip cancelled, hope to make it when things improve
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@On the rocks, Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy