Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen lift pass purchase

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're travelling to Mayrhofen shortly after Xmas. Is there any advantage to ordering a lift pass online vs. buying one at the start of the week in resort (at the base on the Penkenbahn)? Does anyone know if the lift pass office at the base of the Penkenbahn accepts credit cards?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having been to mayrhofen many times my experience is that ordering online and purchasing at the lift station is the same price. Some hotels and guest houses may be able to get you a discount but nothing is guaranteed. I would suggest that you buy your lift pass the day before if you arrive in time so as to avoid the queues on the first morning.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having been to mayrhofen many times my experience is that ordering online and purchasing at the lift station is the same price. Some hotels and guest houses may be able to get you a discount but nothing is guaranteed. I would suggest that you buy your lift pass the day before if you arrive in time so as to avoid the queues on the first morning.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kevinraine, can you buy the lift pass at the Penkenbahn on a credit card? (I'm guessing yes, but having just traveled somewhere that doesn't accept credit cards for loads of stuff I want to check.)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bought mine with Mastercard last season. All very easy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sugarmoma666 wrote:
@kevinraine, can you buy the lift pass at the Penkenbahn on a credit card? (I'm guessing yes, but having just traveled somewhere that doesn't accept credit cards for loads of stuff I want to check.)

Yes, no problem at all with credit cards.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I charged my old lift pass up online last year, its no cheaper but saves time in resort. Just keep your lift pass if you are thinking of going back.
Also its worth registering with : http://www.mayrhofner-bergbahnen.com/en/info-and-service as they sometimes have discounts or competitions you can enter to win a lift pass. The main thing at the moment is to keep an eye on exchange rates and try to buy while pound is recovering a bit.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sugarmoma666, Sorry for not replying quicker but i was in the Caribbean when I answered your original post and have since returned home. Thanks to @esaw1, and @Circusthing, for responding.
Now preparing for Mayrhofen on 07/01/17 but Christmas is getting in the way!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to confirm, buying the lift pass at the pass office on a Mastercard was very efficient (and cheaper than buying through Inghams).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy